Search results

1. coolio21

Coral the 130D lighting supports?

2. coolio21

Coral the 130D lighting supports?

So I bought a red sea max 130D(35 gallon) tank to move my livestock from my 14 gallon boicube, haven't started yet though. I was wondering what coral the lighting supports? I was limited with the biocube from things like clams and certain types of coral. So if anyone could give me advice on the...
  3. coolio21

I NEED all the advice I can get....

Ok I think I need separate ones for my shrimp though they don't get along. Thanks alot :)
  4. coolio21

So keep the fish in buckets with the old water while I'm acclimating them and moving them? My shrimps too? Do I need to get buckets for each fish and shrimp?
  5. coolio21

My Pin Cushion Sea Urchin :[

I wondered since they're sensitive to nitrates. Then I scraped and killed alot of aiptasia in the middle chamber of my filter and put alot of aiptasia X in there as well. I thought maybe it wouldn't be great that flowing out of the filter and into the tank but, wasn't sure. I didn't know if the...
  6. coolio21

Yeah because, my nitrates have never hurt him before. I guess I can try a new urchin when I move to a bigger tank. Thanks. :)
  7. coolio21

Thanks I'm moving the stuff from my room to the living room to the bigger tank. I'm kinda afraid of that too. I'm thinking what should I do with moving my fish? Get some bags from my aquarium store? Or get some containers ready? For moving/acclimating them? Haha. I'm also thinkig how can I get...
  8. coolio21

Yeah because, I think I have around 15 lbs of live rock in my current tank with coral growing and glued to it. If I could I wouldn't bring any of it since I have aiptasia. But I think I'll try the mostly dry rock with the new tank and then later add my liverock. Thanks alot though. :)
  9. coolio21

Thanks for the reply. Yeah mine had been fine in my tank for about a year and I fed him sea weed to be sure he got enough food. He lost all of his spines and could barely move. So I took him out and put him in a zip lock baggy since I was leaving for the easter weekend. I was attached to that...
  10. coolio21

Great thread and tank, it looks so healthy! What is your secret? haha :) Thanks I appreciate it though.
  11. coolio21

If it'll help with my aiptasia problem I will definitely look into getting some dry rock with little live rock. I probably have around 15 lbs not so sure of live in my current tank. Sp I've gotta figure out how much more I'll need in addition to the new tank. The sugar grained sand does get all...
  12. coolio21

well I guess this forum isn't much on responses...
  13. coolio21

I've had my sea urchin whos named affectionately Nopalito since april 2010 since the beginning of my 14 gallong biocube. He's looked not so happy a few times before but, I put some sea weed in the tank for him to eat and he perks right up. I did a water change yesterday and found a crap load of...
  14. coolio21

urchin question

I just lost my pin cushion urchin that Ive had since last april today. :[ But he would let go of some spines since he shoved him self between the rocks and all. But if he's losing alot it could be the nitrate or copper problem. Or he could not be getting enough food because, they crawl around...
  15. coolio21

Someone at the aquarium store I go for my water and other things told me I should scoop some of my old sand in there while its cycling to help the process. I was going to add my old rock, coral, to the new tank when it was ready. Ive had a not so good experience with aiptasia recently so I kinda...
  16. coolio21

Thanks for the encouragement. :D I love the pic of your madarin Goby by the way. I've seriously considered putting one in my new tank when the time comes. As long as my 2 feisty fish wont bug it. I've heard they're more peaceful.
  17. coolio21

I've never heard to use the bigger grain of sand. Whats the difference and why is it better? Then same thing with the dry rock, so its better to put mostly dry rock with some live rock to make it "live"? Thanks alot for your advice...very helpful :dance: Oh and I was thinking of making a thread...
  18. coolio21

Thats very helpful thanks. :D So I'm going to have to supplement the water like I did before with calcium, Magnesium and all that while cycling right? When I'm transferring my fish should I get bags from my store to acclimate them to the new water in or put them in something else? So I should...
  19. coolio21

Someone at the aquarium store I go for my water and other things told me I should scoop some of my old sand in there while its cycling to help the process. I was going to add my old rock, coral, to the new tank when it was ready. Ive had a not so good experience with aiptasia recently so I kinda...