Search results

1. kenbut

Don't forget the grandaddy of all reefs.

To all I would like to send my wishes to all residents of Queensland, as they struggle through the horrific time they are suffering at the moment. And as we enjoy are small reefs to bear some thought for the great barrier reef which has taken a massive pounding over the last few months. I...
  2. kenbut

Brass Fitting-Bad Judgement call.

I have realised my mistake which has seen the possible destruction of everything in my tank. Last weekend I added a valve onto m chiller line to aid water changes.It had a brass hosetail on it. My corals have looked dreadful all week and it has just dawned on me the damage that judgement has...
  3. kenbut

Can Flame Angel cause my Coral Closures?

Added Flame Angel to tank on Sun. On tues heater died and tank temp went down t about 23. Added new heater and problem was fixed.However all my corals are seriously closed up and sad looking. All water parameters are normal and fish seem happy. The only new thing is the addition of the flame...
  4. kenbut

Help Heater died-Advice needed..

Came home from work yesterday and found my temp at 23 degrees.Swapped heater out and temp now okay(25.5).Not sure how long it was out, but guessing about 4-7 hours. All parameteres are okay, fish look fine , feeding and lively. Corals on the other hand look awful, fully closed and grey in...
  5. kenbut

Outback Max on its way?

Finally after waiting 8 weeks, I have been informed my Max 250 is on its way. Maybe here on fri... Have loved reading everyone's adventures with there Max's and finally can begin mine..