Search results

1. XeniaLee

Anyone tried out any add-on moonlights?

I am toying with the idea of getting R2 Moonlight 11000 MC lights for my 46 gallon reef. They have a 4 star review with 50 reviewers on the site I was looking at. they sound cool, but just thought I'd check. I have a great daytime light with 2 actinics and 2 corral sun bulbs going, so...
  2. XeniaLee

Who's eating my crabs' legs?

No kidding -- over the past few weeks, my two emerald crabs are losing limbs and claws. Today I saw that the female has only her two back legs, no claws, so she will starve to death. And the male (who lives way across the tank from her) has his both his claws but only one leg left! :bluemad...
  3. XeniaLee

Help! My bucket of Kent Salt is one solid rock

My huge bucket of salt has turned to one solid rock. I tried using a stainless steel kitchen knife to scrape off the surface, so I could mix up a bucket of water for the tank, but it's going to take a LONG time.:mad: any ideas?
  4. XeniaLee

What to do in a Heat Wave?

We're having a heat wave, and my 40gal tank was 84 degrees when I got home yesterday. All the critters (fish/coral/etc) seem okay, but is there anything I can do to cool them down over the next few hot days? I can only afford to air condition the house down to about 80 degrees (because I spend...
  5. XeniaLee

Novice Fish Geek learning the lingo

I just joined the reef sanctuary, mostly because I've worn out all my friends with all the questions that I have. This way I can spread my questions across many many people! I have a 39 tall bow front tank that a friend gave to me. He said he was going to throw it in the dumpster because he...