Search results

1. munchie

looking for fellow reefers in wv va md

hello, i'm not to far away. live south of dc in alexandria,va. dont have anything fancy, just some green striped mushrooms and kenya trees that im going to frag in the next week or so. sounds like you have a good mix of corals. good luck with everything.
  2. munchie

starting into the saltwater setup.

well i will keep a eye out for lighting on sites i know. but if i cant find a good place for the tang, will talk with the lfs to work something out. but have a good settup now, just have to watch what i'm putting into it. i asked some of the lfs about the wet/dry and canister filter with live...
  3. munchie

hello, yeah i know about the tang now, didnt know what to do with it as my mother in law surprised me with it for a early b-day gift and didnt want to hurt her feelings, will be looking for a new home for it soon. as for the condy anemone, when i bought the tank the dual pc light fixture came...
  4. munchie

Lighting question/help?

hey, thanks for the replies. the tank is kinda on the tall side, 23". kinda wishing i would of bought a longer and short height tank instead. someone told me the actnic is more for looks, but i thought actnic helps the soft corals grow, or is it more white light? there is one large reflector for...
  5. munchie

Lighting question/help?

hello, i have a pc settup, i know more watts per gal is better but not sure what combo to use, i have 3 50/50 bulbs. i understand what the bulbs do, but dont know enought to better my tank. 1 bulbs is 45w 50/50 6500/10000k. 2nd is 45w 50/50 420/460nm. 3rd is 65w 50/50 420nm/10000k...
  6. pair of clowfish.

pair of clowfish.

mated pair of clownfish, no eggs yet, but only been acouple of weeks since i got them.
  7. green muchrooms?

green muchrooms?

the guy i bought some live rock from called them polyps. but after looking i believe there green striped mushrooms.
  8. banggai cardinal pair.

banggai cardinal pair.

kind of loners. keep to them selfs. great addition to the tank.
  9. jason's tank shot

jason's tank shot

picture of the tank about 6 months into saltwater.
  10. yellow tang

yellow tang

yellow tang swimming around.
  11. munchie

well i've just started into saltwater aquarium about 6 months ago. come along way in setting it up. doing well so far, still alot to learn. tank is a 40 gallon glass aquarium, overflow box,wet-dry trickle filter, in sump skimmer,canister filter, 2 x 65w pc dual white, dual actnic. two heaters...