Search results

1. smokinjoe2122

20 Gallon Reef lighting - LED clamp-on?

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking something more like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZK816S/?tag=reefsanc-20
  2. smokinjoe2122

20 Gallon Reef lighting - LED clamp-on?

Hey all, I'm helping my friend build a 20 gallon tank for softies and maybe some hardy LPS. She wants to do about a 20 gallon tank. I'm looking for a LED clamp-on lighting, or something similar for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheap to expensive, I'd just like to see what's...
  3. smokinjoe2122

moving tanks, help :-D

I've moved my tanks 2 or 3 times...And they are on the smaller scale (28 gal and 30 gal) and it is not fun. Best of luck!
  4. smokinjoe2122

Little I'd help please

I have one in tank now for about...2 or 3 years...Very cool, doesn't move around too much, though I wouldn't just pluck one from the ocean : )
  5. smokinjoe2122

Yellow watchman goby n pistol shrimp

I like it when my YWG brings my Pistol stuff for the tunnels, and the Pistol says NO! and throws it out of the tunnel. Fun to watch the pair work together
  6. smokinjoe2122

JBJ 28 HQI bulb replacement help

Thanks, yeah it was definitely a lighting issue for the algae. My nitrates are low, I'm running 2 bags of chemi pure elite, plus GFO pads on the sides, plus the DT has macroalgae growing in it. I think it was the spectrum of the bulb as it was dying causing the bacteria or algae (Looked like...
  7. smokinjoe2122

Acanman's Nuvo 8 gal

Maybe I missed it, but what LED system is that? If I ever did a Pico or added light my my back chambers for a fuge, I'd like something like that! edit: Oops I missed it, second post :)
  8. smokinjoe2122

Ok I did it...And it was not fun...lost a screw in the tank, glass plate came off and broke my Duncan coral, TONS of dust flew into the tank..ugh, they needed to make this easier...BUT, it's done and hopefully everything goes good from here on out!
  9. smokinjoe2122

So I've had my tank for two years, but only up and running for 7-8 months, and I have noticed my algae getting worse every day, to the point I cannot keep up, and I believe the bulb needs replacing. I am getting the bulb today via fedex, but as I look at the assembly for this thing, it has...
  10. smokinjoe2122

Fish Tank Kings

Both shows can go without the added "drama". I like Francis, I think he's smart and wants to make sure the animals are taken care of. They kinda need a guy like that in tanked, because that place knows tanks, but sometimes when they put fish/animals together it makes me wanna cringe.
  11. smokinjoe2122

Matts 500 gallon funhouse

Wow Matt, that rock looks awesome...
  12. smokinjoe2122

Super Fast growing Diatoms or Cyano

I think I figured out where I'm leaching excess nutrients. I haven't cleaned out the inside of my skimmer cup, in like....never..lol... I cleaned it out and inside of the collection cup before it actually falls into the cup, and it was filled full of black..think...gunk... Hopefully that was...
  13. smokinjoe2122

Cat's JBJ Nano Cube HQI

Damn Cat, that looks nice! I have my zoas on the bottom too and they still grow super fast. Things grow great under the MH, but I wish the stock bulb gave more of an actinic color.
  14. smokinjoe2122

Frogspawn frag??

Dont know guys.... I'll leave it grow out a little more and then take a better pic... Does look really cool though! Plus it's got babies, which is really weird, the baby heads are on the very bottom of the skeletal base.
  15. smokinjoe2122

Frogspawn frag??

Weird.. I have Duncans in my tank, but they are more of a pinkish-green color. These are green like typical frogspawn
  16. smokinjoe2122

Frogspawn frag??

Hey guys, I got this frag a while ago when it was really really small, it's starting to take off now and growing more heads around the base. I was told it was frogspawn, but most of the frogspawn I've seen doesn't look like this. What do you all think?? Is it just under developed? Sorry for the...
  17. smokinjoe2122

Major issues!!!

I've run chemiclean in my other tanks in the begining, just because I became frustrated and didn't really understand the concept of good water chemistry. I totally regret doing that. While it did help with cyano, it also had other side effects. I don't think it's completely animal safe as I lost...
  18. smokinjoe2122

Sorry to post so much, but N03 is @ 7+/- ppm. I'm out of my phosphate testing kit
  19. smokinjoe2122

I don't mind it, if it's like a weekly clean it here or there, but this stuff grows in a few hour period, and it's really in only one spot of the tank.
  20. smokinjoe2122

Gotta get back to you on those numbers, I'm sure they're going to be semi masked though from the algae. I have a larger bio-load, but I don't think its anything way off the charts. I also run chemi-pure elite in the middle chamber, and do 20-25% WC per week to try to make up for it. Bio-load is...