Search results

1. SP Aquatics

Sumps!

...i really need to learn my metric measurments one day. Stupid US standards. As for flow, going by those demensions u said above, i dont see there being any problem at all. Think of it this way, take the physical size of the pipe coming into your tank and look at how large that is, now think...
  2. SP Aquatics

Sumps!

did it come from the belagios fountain in las vegas my word thats alot of money...
  3. SP Aquatics

Sumps!

agreed, 2 seperate pumps is a good idea, like u said 280 gal of display counts on it.
  4. SP Aquatics

Sumps!

my personal favorite way is to have it like this [skimmer section][outlet section][refuge section] this way you can have 2 inlets, skimmer side taking majority of the flow and fuge side w/slow flow, alows you to run high volumes of water without disturbing the fuge area. as for 1 1/2 gaps...
  5. SP Aquatics

Micro bubbles

sponges and filter socks work well at catching bubbles, just gotta keep them clean or they get real funky
  6. Night shot of my tube anemone

Night shot of my tube anemone

Nice long exposure shot of my new tube anemone
  7. 10 gal sump for my 10 gal tank

10 gal sump for my 10 gal tank

Built this for my 10 gal reef tank, really stabalized everything out nicely
  8. Pic of 10 gal set up

Pic of 10 gal set up

Pic of all the macro and flow pattern of the water in my 10 gal sump
  9. Built this for my website

Built this for my website

Did a trade with this tank, 44" long 14" wide 16" tall, built a tank and he built me a website, good trade i think
  10. 35 long sump

35 long sump

Custom built this for an individual online
  11. SP Aquatics

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

was that a mangrove stalk i saw floating side ways on one of your sump pics?
  12. SP Aquatics

My desktop mantis

is that a shrimp or a transformer?? Very cool looking
  13. SP Aquatics

My desktop mantis

thanks, i learned alot from all of that, but I just recently saw on discovery channel that the tenticals of an Irukandji Jellyfish are the fastest in the animal world. I believe its some relative of the box jellyfish but very very small and 300 times more poisonis.
  14. SP Aquatics

My desktop mantis

so those shrimp only eat the arms of a chip star?? kinda picky arent they what does the mantis eat?
  15. SP Aquatics

problem with zoos

wo ho! well regardless i traded them for some shrooms...im happier now
  16. SP Aquatics

problem with zoos

wow never seen predetory nudis before, didnt realize how similar they looked to the zoos. Can they change colors casue its amazing how close to all those zoos they looked?
  17. SP Aquatics

problem with zoos

when i got my first reef tank, my lfs sold me some zoos and they were gorgeous at first and slowly opened less and less, turns out they were palythoas(cant spell) which i guess dont like alot of light and must be feed very very frequently.
  18. SP Aquatics

injured starfish

startfish are known for amazing recoveries, mine lost a leg in shipping and it grew back no problem, but it was a brittle star
  19. SP Aquatics

Reef Aquarium, Volume 3

around how much did the 1st 2 books go for, id assume this should be around the same price?
  20. SP Aquatics

1,000 humpback whales to be slaughtered

i just did a project for school about this, japan has been up till now killing around 450 whales a year in the name of science, and once they are done with their science all the leftover meat is sold to markets, its primarlily Minke whales which they say are overpopulated. In november they...