Search results

1. audemars

A Tour of a Newbz Tank

Hello all! This is my new tank tour picture posting thread. I have been reefing for almost one year and its been so rewarding! I have battled green cyano for two months and then red for 4 months but once I stopped over feeding and ran the reactor all things have cleared up. I had ich...
  2. audemars

So So Sad...

I suffered the loss of the first fish I bought about a year ago. I have others now but he was my first. "Finny" the blenny had some fin rot on his posterior rear section of the dorsal fin. He then developed a few (like 3 in all) white spots on his fins. This evening he was on the...
  3. audemars

Issues with my open brain?

As to the question of the thread, I would say maybe try a lower flow spot. My OB was put opposite my MP10 right were the flow of the 10 would hit the reverse side of the tank wall and send a strong laminar flow right on to the OB. He was not happy and started to retreat and expose his skeletal...
  4. audemars

Is a Phosphate Reactor a good idea?

Okay thank you guys. I am going to run a reactor. I will just use a dremel to the back of the tank as I saw someone said they did. Pics would help if anyone knows of a post were someone documented them doing this. I can offer up to 5 cool points for that ;) Ya I have an MP10 and love it. I...
  5. audemars

Is a Phosphate Reactor a good idea?

I have red cyano and always have since first cycle about a year ago. I am now hell bent to DESTROY it! I will buy and do anything to remove this debilitating eye sore from my otherwise beautiful aquatic paradise. okay, so is a phosphate reactor a good idea? the idea is to remove nutrient...
  6. audemars

Will my coral grow??!!

it depends on how stong the force is with you. jk i dunno, sorry
  7. audemars

Red Sea Max 500

LED LED LED! At least a MH LED T5 combo! compleate with a coffee maker and Blu-Ray player. kidding, but for real LED! LED lasting up to 50,000 hours means if you run it 12 hours a day your lights would last for more than 11 years! on Reef Builders.com they are getting great growth on...
  8. audemars

Ryan's Red Sea Reef

Re: Mega photo & video thread of RSM build I actually get paid to do photo shoots so the quality here on the photos hurts my eyes but its just from my phone. I may do some close F/Stop Micro shots of my tank later, this is all i have on me at work
  9. audemars

Ryan's Red Sea Reef

Re: Mega photo & video thread of RSM build
  10. audemars

Ryan's Red Sea Reef

Re: Mega photo & video thread of RSM build Okay so excuse the lame name for this thread, seemed like a good idea 7 months ago. Anyways I am back now and will post some updates and such of my tank. First up a 2 min video update of meah tank, Dont forget to play in HD YouTube - 8 Month Update
  11. audemars

Tidings of Our Red Sea Max

Welcome back. I read your whole 12 page thread. I am back to the forms to after a 6 month break or so. A vid would be great!
  12. audemars

ITHK's RSM 130

I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Thats great that you have decided to dedicate the tank to her! I know she is smiling down on it ;) The tank is great and welcome to RS! I was from the form you were but this place has such a great community feel and the people are just wonderful! If you...
  13. audemars

Do all Trumpets look like this?

Wow....my little guys are in real bad shape then. Good job you guys. I bought them looking like they look now so at least I know what not to buy. Thanx.
  14. audemars

Do all Trumpets look like this?

Okay so why does my Trumpet coral look like this WHEN I bought him but on Fosters they seem to be colored all the way to the head? My Trumpet Then on fosters Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Trumpet Coral Did I buy a near dead one or what?
  15. audemars

Trumpets are receding !

bump! anymore thoughts people?
  16. audemars

Whats up folks?

You know I was a huge regular on this site when I was setting up my first tank and the information I got here saved me so much money and made it so I had a "filter" for when talking to the LFS and them telling me I should buy that 'torch coral' that was actualy a carnation coral (that's as far...
  17. audemars

Your thoughts on 12" tall tanks

Wow. So slick man. Ya I think for sure I am going with a 14" tall. Thanx for posting the pic man. Post again when it's set up!
  18. audemars

Ya but it will be a while as I am a real planner so I will have to have everything all specced first. I am still in the design phase. When I do start I will post a new thread with the "shallow reef society first build" You and I may be the only ones but I want to do something different.
  19. audemars

LOL yea I like that! We should call it "the shallow reef society"
  20. audemars

Ya I just have the feeling that the shallow depth will create not just more color in the coral and allow you to move your lights further from the surface of the water allowing for WAY more refraction but the length gives you more 'areas' to look at as every foot along the 6 foot long tank can...