Search results

1. herefishy

Allardi and Clarkii Clownfish Pairing

If there are any clownfish experts out there I would love to hear any opinions. I recently acquired a pair of what he said was an Allardi pair from a member in my local club. Well, the larger female is certainly an Allardi the smaller male is most certainly a Clarkii. The female is digging like...
  2. herefishy

Radiums on a Galaxy

I am sure there is an answer somewhere, but with all of the digging ito old threads regarding MH lighting I have not found an answer to my specific question. I have a dual 250w Galaxy e. ballast. Can I run Radiums on this ballast BUT expect a shorter life to the bulb or....? Any one have any...
  3. herefishy

Brittle Star Mystery

I have a 150g tall that is 3 years old. Always been healthy, params good. It has been a mixed reef, some sps, lps and softies. I have 4 clowns, 1 PJ Cardinal, 1 six line and a medium Blue hippo. I did my usual tank check, swiped the glass....all looked as it always does. Good. No more than a...
  4. herefishy

Vertex IN-100 Protein Skimmer vs...

Any one with experience with these 2 skimmers please sound off some advice/ opinions. I am choosing between these two skimmers for a 45g (60g total volume) frag tank. The Vertex IN-100 or the Reef Octopus NWB 110 2010 model. Both are close in $ with the Vertex being a tad bit more. Beside the...
  5. herefishy

Running a Media Reactor

I am considering purchasing a media reactor to run GFO/carbon in my 150g mixed reef. Looking for opinions on this...I currently put carbon in the baffle before my return (in a bag) and seem to have decent results with water clarity etc.. Is a reactor another way to spend money in this hobby that...
  6. herefishy

WTB Protein Skimmer

I am looking for a protein skimmer for a 60g frag system. Must be in good condition, please, and for in sump use. Something like an Octo or euroreef would be great.... Thanks
  7. herefishy

Hello From Florida

Hello, Thanks for having me. I have been in freshwater for more years than I care to admit...finally got over the intimidation of salt about 3 or so years ago. Of course, I love it. There is something about a hobby like this that is not only an all encompassing addiction but a forever, non...