Search results

1. crass

external or internal skimmer

Hi Guys Thinking of ditching my internal skimmer and plumbing up an external skimmer straight to the overflow of my tank. Is this unnecessary ? what are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance Dean
  2. crass

Ph perplexed

What do I do next? Perplexed!!!
  3. crass

Ph perplexed

I'm using kalkwasser from aqua medic.....I have deltec kalkwasser maybe I should switch?
  4. crass

Ph perplexed

I have doubled the recommended amount of 1.5inch in the kalkwasser mixer.... And I always check my ph meter with fluid before and after I test. Could my skimmer be too small?
  5. crass

Ph perplexed

Hi all Recently I have had large ph swings (7.4-7.9) so I have now addressed this issue by. I did all this from the 25th march Turning off my calcium reactor Adding a bigger kalkwasser mixer (Deltec) to my ATO Taking an air source from my loft that is open and ventilated with external air My...
  6. crass

Skimmer advice

We have huge carbon box filters on the ventilation units on most building here in Norway ! it helps with pollution levels and provides clean air for staff…..in the Saltwater world you sometimes expect the advice received as a bit of magic, as we find unusual solutions to our problems! Thanks...
  7. crass

Skimmer advice

AHHHH simple as that….I knew about carbon filtration, but i was expecting something a bit more magic
  8. crass

Skimmer advice

Frankie Im going to cut a plastic bottle in half and fill with Activated Carbon and make a connection on the lid for the airline tube. Whats the science behind this?
  9. crass

Skimmer advice

Hi Frankie I do Water changes weekly 10-20%, I am very happy with my deltec and wouldn't purchase any other brand! I also live at low elevation so there is some similarity! Thanks for the advice so far
  10. crass

Skimmer advice

Thanks for the advice so far….Im based in Norway just outside Oslo I will try the carbon box thats a good idea….. My livestock looks happy but I recently lost a bunch of lps for reasons unknown as my values are stable….so a LFS said my pH was too low and that turned the water acidic for LPS...
  11. crass

Skimmer advice

Am I correct in saying a ph of 7.5 is damaging for lps and sps? when I run my calcium reactor in down at 7.1ph
  12. crass

Skimmer advice

Hi all I have a little problem that keeps cropping up and I want to resolve it. Tank is a total of 550 ltrs Firstly my ph struggles to get over 7,5 - I have taken a line to receive outside air supply, my water values are spot on. Ca-450 Mag-1380 KH-10.9 Sal-1.025 I have had to stop running...
  13. crass

Sps ID

Thanks Subrosa I do Understand that I cant call it a "Red Planet" because there is no trace too ORA ..........and I do Understand that ORA are not creating new corals. Please give me a little credit. Other members and myself didnt know until today that ORA dont import to Norway so it could...
  14. crass

Sps ID

According to the Reef experts in Norway it cant be a Red Planet because ORA doesnt ship to Norway. Could there be any other coral that has this type of colouration and not be a red planet?..... Thanks Dean
  15. crass

Sps ID

Hi Guys coralites and polyps another top shot Dean
  16. crass

Sps ID

should I get a closeup of the polys and coralites? Thanks Dean
  17. crass

Sps ID

I placed the coral ontop of my rock stack and took this picture of it.......so its top view of the whole coral
  18. crass

Sps ID

Hi guys I have no idea what I have here... Its deep burgandy with a green haze! top view side view many thanks Dean
  19. crass

Ritteri Amenone and flat tentacles

thanks for the advice! I never knew that It was a quarter of a silverside , I usually feed my nems bite size chunks of raw tiger prawn is this also wrong? I will go buy krill today.... any other advice is greatly recieved. Thanks Dean
  20. crass

Ritteri Amenone and flat tentacles

Just a final update..... After 2 days the anemone was looking very well settled, so I fed it some silverside and it ate it immediately. I also introduced my clowns back in the tank a day after that. It hasnt moved and is loving its spot in the waveflow and close to my light.