Search results

1. tangerine3486

IM Nuvo Concept Abyss Panorama Build Thread

I love snails. When you do get the CUC, i would get more. Nassarius are my fav, along with trochus. I also enjoy margarita and cerith.
  2. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

No i see some of the DIY traps on the web. Trying that tomorrow.
  3. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

Bristle worm trap work with this guy?
  4. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

Unfortunately I saw a worm that looked a lot like this, if not this worm, at night with a flashlight.
  5. tangerine3486

Tangerine's 35gal Cube! Version 2.0

Left side: Front: Some new acan friends:
  6. tangerine3486

Sure do! I have a 20 gal as my sump. First chamber is filter sock, then passes up through a crappy 3 level basket i poorly made with chemipure elite, and soon purigen, and chaeto. Center was a refugium, but I just went with the skimmer this time. Baffles and then the return chamber...
  7. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

Thanks, she died the next day. I was able to get her out shortly. :(
  8. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

Large holes have formed in the clam mantle in the past 24 hours. Parameters are stable as far as i can test for but this is not a glaring parameter problem. Initial guess could be a worm or hermit crab. Clam is ~3 inches. Any help is needed. Those are two holes behind the gaping inlet siphon...
  9. tangerine3486

Clam has sustained significant damage as seen by the two large holes in the base of the mantle behind the inlet siphon. Not sure who or what the culprit is...maybe a nasty worm, parasite, or bacteria? not many searches show or talk of this looking clam damage. Clam is still responsive to light.
  10. tangerine3486

Ammonia and nitrites are at 0 as well.
  11. tangerine3486

Hey RS. A few updates with some problems and pics. Set up the skimmer and it is skimming. Have to re break it in I guess, spitting out micro bubbles. Got some more stuff. Got a new clownfish to replace the guy who jumped out, got a clown goby (to close out my fish additions). Found myself at...
  12. tangerine3486

Oxy's RSM250

You take some great pictures! That tailspot blenny and wrasse are beautiful.
  13. tangerine3486

Cantwell's RSM 650 Thread

Looks fantastic! Very nice rock work. I always stare at the flame scallops in the store but can never pull the trigger.
  14. tangerine3486

Got a few more zoas. I think I will be at my zoa max and want them all to grow out. Finally stopped the leak in my drain plumbing, and completed my sump. Unfortunately the skimmer is putting out a ton of micro bubbles, out all of the sides of the skimmer. :( Real issue in the tank is blenny...
  15. tangerine3486

Will do. I will make my way to SPS once I get back into it. Picked up Blenny and the zoas from my buddy. I had them shipped from Hawaii. I hand collected these 4 zoas from the tidepools. More pics to come. These are my green pillow zoas. Don't see many of these around!
  16. tangerine3486

Going to attack the rocks today. Fingers crossed. LPS and Softies. some fun clumps of zoas and mushrooms, and then 3 or so colonies of micro. lord, a torch or walling hammer, a chalice and some goniopora. I may look into one or two pieces of SPS, but not to start. My experience with lps is low...
  17. tangerine3486

Shrimp added, shrimp out. Ammonia spike and down to 0 with Nitrites. Nitrates around 20 or so. Water change tomorrow, followed by adding some livestock over the next week. Any suggestions on the rock? Thanks for looking!
  18. tangerine3486

Hey RS! So I have a separate thread for this exact aquarium, but following a move from a rather coral restrictive but beautiful Hawaii, I have re-established in MD. As for benefits over the last setup, this time around I have re-built the sump for better flow, I will have access to Cheato, and I...
  19. tangerine3486

Greetings from scenic Baltimore City.

Calvert County at the moment. How is the tank going?