Search results

1. bigpapaoffive

Need Zoa Help!

When I move mine I simply make one move to where I want to try them give them 1 week and see how they respond. If they're closing up and staying that way is usually a sign they're not happy. I always wait atleast a week before I move anything again in the quest for it's best spot. If the color...
  2. bigpapaoffive

Need Zoa Help!

Being intense green is usually a sign of high photosensitivity requiring as much light as possible, you may try moving them high in the tank and IME all zoas love moderate to high flow. Just a thought.
  3. bigpapaoffive

Getting fish finally !

I have heard nothing but good things about that site as far as health and quality of their livestock and have also never heard any complaints about shipping from them.
  4. bigpapaoffive

Need Zoa Help!

IME some Zoas will bleach out with too much light while others thrive on it, my exp is limited but I have had some I've moved to less lit areas due to this and their color came back. Not sure if thats what your zoa is doing just a suggestion, I'm sure someone else will chime in with more exp...
  5. bigpapaoffive

Birdsnest Help

+1 to frag it
  6. bigpapaoffive

Sebae Anemone. Feeding? and hosting.

As far as the best clown to try, IME a sebae or clarki clown is the most likely to host yer nem, you can also get an anemone crab instead of a clown, I have 3 nems, 1 RBTA w/ a tomato, a sebae w/ a crab, and a rock nem all alone, my 2 percs host everything but the nems lol, good luck
  7. bigpapaoffive

:welcomera to RS :hallo:
  8. bigpapaoffive

new to salt water

:welcomera :hallo: Glad to meet ya, as far as what it takes patience and research, lots of both you're looking at a good 6 months from setup to ready to go, with atleast a year of running before going to much into anything to hard. IMO also you need to decide wether you are going fish only...
  9. bigpapaoffive

Anemone Missing

Prob just had a cramp in its foot and needed to walk it off, :laughroll haha glad to hear its all good though, new lights may have just triggered it to look for a better location then found it liked where it was best
  10. bigpapaoffive

New to reef sanctuary.

:welcomera :crowd:
  11. bigpapaoffive

Mixing anemone types?

IME I haven't had any issues with multi nems in one tank, I currently have a Sebae, a bta and a rock nem all in my 125 gal no issues, my LFS keeps a tank full of nems for sale all together as well with no issues i've seen, hope that helps ya
  12. bigpapaoffive

1st Annual South East Marine Conference

Some nice stuff there, looks good
  13. bigpapaoffive

Birthday Sale!!

I'll guess 27, and a Happy Birthday to ya John figures I just put my order in 3 days ago lol :)
  14. bigpapaoffive

Can you run a reef tank with a canister filter

:welcomera I use a sump system for all the reasons mentioned above, I have used canisters effectively, however they were just a pain to clean for me
  15. bigpapaoffive

Rock Anemone

I only feed my rock anemone once a week with a dropper then rest of the week he gets to sweep up food in the column.
  16. bigpapaoffive

Please Help! -- Something has to be wrong!

Yes FS will open up quite a bit to get more light when its low, thats why I mentioned too much flow keeping them closed as a possible issue also, I know from my exp that to much heavy flow will keep them nice and tight (yet another rookie mistake I made trying to place mine). I would agree with...
  17. bigpapaoffive

Please Help! -- Something has to be wrong!

What lighting are you using? From what I see in the FS pic it looks as if your lighting is barely hitting it, mostly the heads appear shaded, I keep my FS directly under my VHOs nice and high in the tank with a pretty moderate current on them. Also if your current is TOO strong they will tend to...
  18. bigpapaoffive

Worm Problem?

Haven't seen this myself but I've heard this to be a common thing with growth on featherdusters
  19. bigpapaoffive

marcyn2

+1 to no meds, water parameters would make this question easier to answer for ya
  20. bigpapaoffive

Pulsing Xenia, kind of pulsing...

+1 on just giving a little time to adjust