Search results

1. Q

Q's New Reef tank

Well I finally got my little part of the ocean set up on Wednesday. Got my LS, LR, and cleaning critters from Tampabaysaltwater.com. It's called the "pakage" and looks like a great deal! They send you all of the LS and half of the LR until the tank cycles, and then they ship you the rest of the...
  2. Q

pH rises in new tank

I am in the process of setting up a new Solana 34gal reef tank. I went out and purchased sw from my lfs and all seem well. I have a pinpoint salinty monitor, aquacontroller with ph monitor & temp. My issue is with my pH rising. It seems that the pH is supposed to be 8.3 and my is btwn 8.41 -...
  3. Q

Aquacontroller jr

Does anyone out there own/operate a Aquacontroller jr? I've just purchashed one and all is great, but can't get the programming right to produce a wavemaker eviroment for my tank. Any help with this product will be greatly appreciated!!:help:
  4. Q

3 week Protien Skimmer waite

I need a second opinion from the group. I just left my LFS and the person I talked to told me that it takes 3 week to rid my tank of microbubbles from my skimmer. It was stated that the microbubbles will get trapped underneath the coals and kill them. I can understand the killing of the corals...
  5. Q

Good Day to all

Hello, I've just joined and is VERY excited about reef tanks! I purchased a Solana 34 gal about a year ago and in now setting it up. I fiddled around with sw tanks some years ago and fell into the "hurry-up & go" trap. Now that I've spent some months READING and more READING, I feel that I've...