Search results

1. C

copperbanded butterfly

I may have committed a crime. I purchased a cbb at my lfs that wasnt eating in their tank.:tears: I'm no rookie dont know why but i just had to have it. My hopes are to get him eating on my own.since the lfs only had him for two days do you guys think i will have any luck getting him to eat...
  2. C

100 gal rubbermaid sump

i have one of these for my sump and for the life of me i can not stop the bubbles from entering the display. I run a blue line 70 pump around 1800 gph and 10' of head. There are 4 1 1/2" returns going back into my sump and they are really sending some water down. My question is does anybody else...
  3. C

large skimmer

looking to buy a used protein skimmer for a large system (200 gal or more) not one rated for that but one that will really skim that. Would like etss or similar quality - Thanks- Dave
  4. C

rubbermaid stock tank as sump!!!!

I have recently set up a 100 gal rubbermaid stock tank as a sump in my baesment. The way i have it is like this- 1" hose to the tank then a Tee with 2 returns. To make it so my tank wouldnt overflow i had to add a siphon box to the tank so now i have 4 lines feeding the sump. Needless to say...
  5. C

skimmer size????

I have a 180 gal tank With a 100 gal sump that is filled about 60%. I would say about 250 gal or so total cap. Looking for some suggestions on a skimmer that will handle this. Anybody with large systems?
  6. C

new TDS meter

Well I got my new TDS meter and my water tests 005 is this good? What are the parameters i should be at? This is first TDS so not sure what I am doing with this thing.
  7. C

Need Help/out Of Ideas

Well my tank is about 10 yrs old. I have recently went through a huge remodeling project at my house and am sad to say that I totally ignored my tank. A powerhead fell over and blew my sand everywhere, since then I have had a huge detritus problem. No matter how many times i siphon or puff the...
  8. C

In wall 180 progress

I have been working on this for some time now. The only bad part is the tank was up and running the whole time!
  9. C

Queens Or Fighting

Can anybody tell the difference?????
  10. C

Ro / Di Questions

I replaced the membrane in 24 gpd kent unit it now it takes forever to make water. 8-9 hours to make 5 gallons. I have heard that cold water takes longer and that there needs to be a certain water pressure could this be my problem? Also I get a phosphate reading of 0.1 out of it is this normal?
  11. C

southdown question

Do you think it would be ok to just put southdown right in my tank over my existing substrate? Would this cause any problems? maybe only do 25% of the tank per week or something like that.
  12. C

ro/di setup

im looking for some ideas on setting up my ro/di so it virtually does it all by itself any tips or ideas???