Search results

1. M

Water flow in 130?

Hi I have now let my 130 settle for 6 months now after a total re-scape and clean out. My current equipment list: Tunze 9002 with media basket and stevie T collection cup 2 x original return pumps Phosban reactor 150 with rowaphos TMC V2 auto top up Additional koralia nano pump in...
  2. M

Auto top up for 130?

Hi What type/brand of top up equipment can I use in a RSM 130? I want to get organised well in advance of a summer holiday.
  3. M

Does anyone use External filter on 130?

Hi Does anyone use an external filter situated in the cabinet of their RSM 130? If so, what type and if not how do you capture detritus in the water? Currently run Tunze 9002 skimmer & media rack, & TLF phosban reactor. Any help appreciated?
  4. M

Replacement of stock 130 heater

Hi, I have had my 130 for 3.5yrs and my second stock heater is not heating correctly. Has anyone replaced their stock heater with a different make and model that fits into the RSM electric console? If so can you let me have details as I don't want to use another plug straight into the mains. Thanks.
  5. M

Mummynemo's tank breakdown

Hi, my 130 had a huge crash last Oct, lost everything except 1 clown & green star polyps. Since then, huge amounts of hair algae & cyano due to excessive detritus from live rock die off. Now had enough as spent lots of time & money trying to rectify, so here starts my action plan: 1. Empty...
  6. M

Wave making attachment on stock 130 pumps?

Hi, cannot afford to change pumps yet so was wondering if anyone has fitted an attachment to their stock pumps to make the water flow around the tank better? Pay packet permitting in the next 6 months or so , I would eventually like to replace both stock pumps and replace also adding an...
  7. M

Can you recommend a good sand syphon?

Hi, I was wondering what you all use to syphon the top layer of your sand bed that does not take the top layer of sand into the waste bucket. I know you can get a syphon for tropical fish gravel but is there one specifically for sand?
  8. M

How much live rock in RSM 130?

Hi, I am going to completely re-scape my 130 as it is accumulating too much detritus which is causing hair algae & cyano due to too much nutrients. I have a 'wall' of rock up the back and I want to know how much to put back in but placed better for flow around it? At present I must have too many...
  9. M

Phosphate 150 reactor & pump, but have no sump, advice please

Hi, I'm new to this forum so hello to all. I currently have hair algae issue & cyano issue. Recently upgraded to tunze 9002 & media basket & replaced lights 3 weeks ago in my RSM130. I run Chemipure elite & purigen and am thinking of installing phosphate 150 reactor and was wondering if anyone...
  10. M

18 months into the world of marines

Hi I have owned my RSM 130 for 18months now and all has been going well on the whole. My 2 clowns are beginning to host my anchor euphillia and my green hammer euphillia has increased from 1 head to 7. Would love to get a good colony of zoas going but need some advice on their requirements...