Search results

1. Ramie

Ramie's Fluval Evo Aquarium 13.5g

Sofar my adorable Pompom crab and the Komohara Blenny have been getting along perfectly. Bumped up my feeding of PE Mysis to a daily regiment... Not taking any chances with that Blenny. Gonna keep his belly full.
  2. Ramie

I got it working for about an hour where it was skimming nicely and then poof just stopped.... It's super super finicky, but going to do another water change this weekend and maybe look at some other options if I can't get it working like it should.
  3. Ramie

I've been going nuts trying to get the stock protein skimmer to work. Any tips? I can't get anything from it and I would like it to foam.
  4. Ramie

Update I bought a Komohara Blenny today to put some more action in the tank. My only concern is for my Pom Pom crab. Curius if he's going to harm him. I was told he would be peaceful as long as I keep him fed. Which I do on a daily basis. I feed PE Mysis for my clown, and the crabs get a couple...
  5. Ramie

I'm so in love with that Clown! I actually traded my butthead Black & White Puzzle Piece Percula in to my fav LFS cause she kept killing everything in my RSM 130. This one is not shy at all. Comes right up to me for photos, feeding, or even just to say hello... I have him eating PE mysis, and...
  6. Ramie

I just wasnt happy with that piece in that tank. But I got a few smaller pieces and it looks a bit better now. Tank had a small cycle on the 4th week. Been water changing it twice a week. I used already cured live rock from a spare tank, live sand from spare tank but I cleaned up the sand pretty...
  7. Ramie

I just bought a new Fluval PS1 Protein Skimmer for it. I drove an hour and a half because no LFS near me had it......I get it home...and it's the wrong one.. I needed the PS2 Mini Protein Skimmer... (face palm) Luckily I had a new AquaticLife Internal Protein Skimmer 115 in the basement...
  8. Ramie

I bought another new tank ...testing out the Fluval Sea Evo Aquarium Kit (13.5 gal). I bought an awesome piece of live rock (20.lb), but worried the piece is actually too big for this 13.5g tank... it fits perfectly...I plan on putting some coral frags in there to test out the LED's. (I'm not...
  9. Ramie

Live Rock

Just found a great page. How to drill and Cement your live Rock
  10. Ramie

Live Rock

Is it easier to drill Live rock wet to make a stackable cave, or what not, or is it easier when it's dry? I'm tearing down and rebuilding my RSM 130. And really want to make a beautiful rock setup, upgrade the lighting, and filtration. What would be the best way to do this? Drill holes, put...
  11. Ramie

Weird BTA

Well I'm sad to say my precious BTA died this morning. Absolutely no clue why. Water tests were fine, nothing in there to bother her. The Maroons didn't like me taking her out, but didn't want her nuking the tank. And O M G the smell! She was fine the day before, and then found her floating...
  12. Ramie

Ramie's Reef Chronicle's

Well I started with an Olympus E-10 <4.0> about 6 years ago. I absolutely love that camera. For a 4.0 it still takes some wonderful shots. I ended up trying the Canon Digital Rebel. I hated it, my E-10 took much better pictures. So I kept the Olympus E-10, and sold the Canon on Craigslist...
  13. Ramie

Ramie's Reef Chronicle's

Views of the whole tank. :eye: :eye: Side by side with the 8g <looks monstrous lol> <not sure what this is> Lavender Mushrooms in the back Supposed to be an Orange or Red Hammer Coral Torch coral My refugium/hospital for the Corals I find and try...
  14. Ramie

Ramie's Reef Chronicle's

Well good news is the tank is still holding up pretty well on day 3. No spikes I keep checking parameters every 12 hours. Yea nervous Betty here. Trying to catch anything going up before it gets out of hand, and bombs the tank. But I have been keeping HUGE eyes on the tank.:eye: :eye: I'm so...
  15. Ramie

Weird BTA

Ok finally just started my thread, you can find it below. Again thanks to all who have helped this far. If anyone could give me a heads up in a good or bad idea moving them to the bigger tank now that would be great. I know its a bit soon, but am in an emergency situation with the 8g being too...
  16. Ramie

Ramie's Reef Chronicle's

OK I think it's time I put a start to this thread of mine. Not quite sure how to go about it. I've never done anything like this before. So here are the details. I purchased a 29 g Via Aqua a few years back, and just kept snails crabs shrimp, a few Nudi branches, and 2 Percula. I ended up...
  17. Ramie

Weird BTA

I checked all parameters, and everything seems OK. I made sure to try and use as much of the original water in there as possible. Water is clear for the most part, not as crystal as my 8g tank, but pretty darn close. Salinity 1.025 PH 8.2 Nitrite 0 ppm Nitrate 5.0 Ammonia 0 I have...
  18. Ramie

Weird BTA

I did a water change @ 3 days and a filter media change also, been checking parameters every day, all is normal. I was worried about having them all in an 8 gal. Needless to say I knew they wouldn't last long in a small 8g, so I convinced the Hubby to buy me a bigger emergency tank. :) The 65...
  19. Ramie

Weird BTA

OK so I have come to the conclusion I have a weird Anenome. :willis: I know they walk around the tank and find a comfortable spot, but have never seen one walk as much as this one. As you can read from my other posts on my Torch Coral she was quite unexpected. <yea I think its a she, from all...