Search results

1. H

Coralline Algae?

I think this is what I have in my aquarium anyway. I dont have any fish in it, just bought the tank a week ago, and just started cycling it with the live rock, now I have what looks like a white shell growing on one of the rocks. Its a 75 gallon, btw, with biowheel filter, if that makes a...
  2. H

Filter question

I just got my system up and running yesterday, after hours of hauling water, but there is one thing that I cant figure out. I have a marineland biowheel filter, and on the instructions, one step says to "fill media containers". But what do I fill them with? Please, someone help me out here.:help1:
  3. H

Good news about my t5

I dont know if I had explained this, but when I originally got my tank deal, I hooked up the light a couple of days later, to see it in action, and one of the blue lights wouldnt come on. Luckily for me, today, I jiggled the bulb a little, and got it to come on. Now if I could just figure out...
  4. H

Just bought my first rig

:yehoo: Well, my first "decent" one anyway, lol. I caught a 75 gallon, reef ready tank on sale for $849, stand, filter, t5, and pump included, marked down from $1100. I decided to wait on the 200 gallon, and make it a predator tank, they've had it so long, they took it off the floor, so its...
  5. H

Looking to buy in the Texhoma area

I'm new to the hobby, and now that I have the space, I'm looking to buy a reef setup. I have been to my local stores, and the best they've offered me have been $499.99 for a 75gal, with stand, but if I wanted a lite, pump, etc, that bumped the price up to $849.95. Essentially, after asking...
  6. H

Whats the best way to go?

I had gotten an offer the other day, for a 75 gallon tank, with stand, and hood, for $499.99, which at the time, sounded like a good deal, but I'm wanting to do a reef tank, and when I called the store about it, they said they had another offer for me, but I'm not sure how I should go. The...