Search results

1. New LR

New LR

Please help me ID the white thing growing on there.
  2. H

Coralline Algae?

Sorry about that, I'll try uploading it to my gallery. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19051&cat=508
  3. H

Coralline Algae?

actually, its more flat, it looks like this: U.S. Cellular Sorry I dont have a clearer picture.
  4. H

Coralline Algae?

I think this is what I have in my aquarium anyway. I dont have any fish in it, just bought the tank a week ago, and just started cycling it with the live rock, now I have what looks like a white shell growing on one of the rocks. Its a 75 gallon, btw, with biowheel filter, if that makes a...
  5. H

Filter question

I just got my system up and running yesterday, after hours of hauling water, but there is one thing that I cant figure out. I have a marineland biowheel filter, and on the instructions, one step says to "fill media containers". But what do I fill them with? Please, someone help me out here.:help1:
  6. H

Good news about my t5

I dont know if I had explained this, but when I originally got my tank deal, I hooked up the light a couple of days later, to see it in action, and one of the blue lights wouldnt come on. Luckily for me, today, I jiggled the bulb a little, and got it to come on. Now if I could just figure out...
  7. H

Whats the best way to go?

I did, trust me, I've been reading for nearly a year now, plus upgrading to a RO water system. Also, the people at this store seem to be trustworthy/honest.
  8. H

OK, I have some good news, seeing as how the 200 gallon didnt have a stand, I went ahead with the 75 gallon, to start. They said the 200g isn't going anywhere anyway, so I dont think I have anything to worry about. I got a hell of a deal too, tank, stand, light, and filter marked down to $849...
  9. H

Just bought my first rig

Thats what I was hoping to hear, now I just got one question, what corals out there are phosphorescent(sp), aka, they said some glow under the t-5 light?
  10. H

Just bought my first rig

:yehoo: Well, my first "decent" one anyway, lol. I caught a 75 gallon, reef ready tank on sale for $849, stand, filter, t5, and pump included, marked down from $1100. I decided to wait on the 200 gallon, and make it a predator tank, they've had it so long, they took it off the floor, so its...
  11. H

Ok, I've been some thinking, with my internet having been down lately, and I think I've decided to wait on the 200 gallon. After all, they said they were about to put it in storage, b/c no one would buy it, so I probably dont have much to worry about. I do have one question tho, with a 75...
  12. H

I do have a wall I could put it on, thats an outside wall, and I could sort of divide 2 rooms with it, would that be strong enough? I do have a pool table in one of the rooms, I'm curious, would there be any issues with pool balls hitting it?
  13. H

Thanx, but I mighta just found a deal too good to pass up, a roughly 180 gallon used glass tank, reef ready, with T5 light, sand, filter, everything, except a stand included, for $800, and I could find a stand with little trouble. The only problem is, it had alot of salt water deposits on it...
  14. H

just double checking, what all would I need, to make that tank reef ready?
  15. H

I already know I'd need a T5 light, and I'm guessing an overflow, plus probably a new filter, and maybe some other stuff, right?
  16. H

Good news, I just found a bigger tank, at a lower price, that still fits my space requirements. How much work do ya'll think it'd take to make this Perfecto 150g Extra High Glass Aquarium with Fluorescent Lighting - Sale - Fish - PetSmart reef ready?
  17. H

Looking to buy in the Texhoma area

I'm new to the hobby, and now that I have the space, I'm looking to buy a reef setup. I have been to my local stores, and the best they've offered me have been $499.99 for a 75gal, with stand, but if I wanted a lite, pump, etc, that bumped the price up to $849.95. Essentially, after asking...
  18. H

I'm planning on a reef tank, with maybe a few inverts, later on. After I get enough money saved up, I have enough room for a predator tank too, so I might look into that later.
  19. H

I know, and I appreciatte that. I'm starting to realize that the people at the pet store were better salesmen than I thought they were. I'm just glad I started asking around before I bought anything.
  20. H

You're half right, I am new to this, so I do have alot of research to do, but I havent bought anything yet, I'm hoping that was a smart move on my part. Anyway, thats why I got on here, mainly, just for the information, for now.