Search results

1. R

2 questions...

Just installed a refugium. Had to drill the back of my acrylic tank to bring the water down. My question is regarding the "T" PVC... because the top of the T is open, it makes an annoying sucking sound (sounds like coffee brewing). Is there anything I can do to muffle the noise? Another...
  2. R

What's a the best "cheap" skimmer?

I need a new protien skimmer, but I cant afford hundreds right now, but I don't want a piece of crap either. What's the best skimmer to buy if ur on a tight budget? My tank is 85 gallon... but I've got about 150 lbs of live-rock, so I probably have less than 60 gal. of water. I need a...
  3. R

Is a refugium necessary?

I just changed over from a fish-only tank to a reef tank this year in January. I'm now considering a refugium... but after researching it, it seems like a big expense & hassel, and I'm wondering if I really need one. I understand the benefits of having one, but my main question is do people have...
  4. R

Should I remove my substrate & start over?

I have severely high nitrates, & can't seem to get it under control with heavy water changes. I've had this 85 gal Tenacor acrylic marine tank for about 12 years. It's always been fish-only until Jan. this year when I decided to change over to reef. I had a bunch of fake decorations & such...