Search results

1. herb

Drs. Foster and Smith

petsolutions.com has a catalog you can order too! herb
  2. herb

multi tank refuge plumbing...

I agree with cracker about useing gravity to drain the refugium, after that i would tie both sumps together, i think below water line, and use two small pumps, one in each sump to feed the refugium. the refugium could drain into either sump this way. the problem i see with this is anything that...
  3. herb

Plumbing refugium

for my fuge i drilled a 15 gallon tank, i am useing the mj-606 pump for return to refugeium, a 1" drain goes back to the sump. i have sand, live rock, cheato, and a few cleanup crew items too! i think my light is 110 watt pc light with 10k bulbs. i hope this at least gives you ideas on what you...
  4. herb

Poll-Cost of a reef tank???

i voted for a 55, but i agree that the largest tank you can setup is best!!!!
  5. herb

Small Water Pump

how about one of these? http://www.petsolutions.com/Mini+Jet+Water+Pumps-I-51307106-I-C-49-C-.aspx not that it is the best place to buy from but for this style pump! herb
  6. herb

~Sump lighting~

I use a 130 watt power compact light for my refugium, but it has to run same as my main tank light, i have a poor design!!!! i will post a link in here if i can figure out how! herb http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/herb11100/sw%20tank/DSCN0523.jpg
  7. herb

powerhead poll

i have used several power heads over time, and so far i find the maxi-jets to be the best. i run the hydro-flo on the outputs! herb
  8. herb

Total Babe here, and I don't mean sexy either..HAHAHAH

welcome to RS, hope you got a got deal for the nano. I am new at this too there is a lot to learn! herb
  9. herb

~Testing~

i test for salinity daily, but other tests at the end of week just b4 water change! I feel that that way my results are always worst case! herb
  10. herb

Favorite Tool or Gadget?

I have many tools and most of them i could not live without, but the best most frequently used tool ( outside of the items that run 24/7) is the refractometer.I use it at least 2 times each day to verify where my salinity is! but then again my timers that turn lights on & off are pretty...
  11. herb

How many people have refugiums?

when i decided to setup my 55 gallon as a reef system( i am still new at this) i had a 15 galon tank drilled and it is my refugium, my overflow drains into the refugium then to a 20 gallon sump, then pumped back to 55, in the 20 gallon there is a skimmer, heater, and pump, i have ordered some...
  12. herb

greetings

thanks for all the quick replies, I have not done all my homework yet, but when i get water and sand in tanks, i will pick up some live rock, while the tank is cycling i will try and put together a list of possible tank mates, i want a plan and try and follow it. i am leaning towards a reef with...
  13. herb

greetings

Well, it is about time I posted a howdy here. I started a 55 gallon system and had to give that tank to a friend :cry1:, now I am starting 2-12 gallon nano-reef systems, it was a tough decision but I moved into a studio apartment, so I am off to the great nano-reef keepers. I might get water in...
  14. herb

Poll:Salt? Fresh? Both? What do you keep?

i am getting parts together to start a small reef, but it is a work in progress!