Search results

1. D

Merry Christmas all and Happy Holidays

Been a long time .. been pretty busy .. you know ... lol beat_dead_horse Anyhow I have not posted a tank shot in a while so here goes my most recent. Talk again soon !
  2. D

Amazing something new

Found something new in my tank this morning ... I believe it is a Stomatellid and i have 2 that i can see .... They looked to be releaseing love gravy into the water column as the fish seem to be loving it ... Being the curious sort i am .. i started snapping pictures .... turned the lights...
  3. D

Opinions needed on changing hood or removing hood for new HQI lights and ATO

Well would like see the people with experience in the matter respond to this please :) I am pondering the idea of the 500 dollar mod to my hood from nano customs adding 150W HQI and 2 18watt actinics .... or a sepperate light removing my current hood and leaving a whole lota open space for...
  4. D

Black Stripe Gold Chromis

Well happen to be at the LFS today ... never seen a Black stripe Gold Chromis before ... so i picked him up :) He is currently living in the QT tank and will probably stay there. Not sure i want him in the RSM display tank as i dont think he will get along with the clowns and the basslet...
  5. D

oh man ..... now people stating marineland heaters have issues

Take a look : BEWARE!! Marineland Stealth Pro Heater Guess i have to start looking for new heaters....
  6. D

ViaAqua Poly Reactor media questions

Just curious .. i bought a ViaAqua Poly Reactor and was wondering what order or for that matter what do people put in them other then something like phosban. I heard i can run two things in this unit .... Anyone have experience running multiple medias in one reactor ? if so .. what order ?
  7. D

Last few days

Well here it is ... im a murderer. Sigh ... sniff. I asked my wife to get me some prices on a Bubble tip anemone, as i was curious and wanted to start planning my tank to support one ... also pick up some blue leg hermits for my small 8 gallon biocube. She comes home with a Pink tip...
  8. D

Well ... I spent more money on making my tank better

I got sick and tired of that chamber of death .... tried putting media (Chemi pure) in other places and it didnt seem to work well .... ie stay put. Anyway ... Being that i was cutting my forarms all the time trying to get in and out of that chamber of death, My wife decided to let me buy...
  9. D

DanKents RSM 130D

Well its come ! My RSM 130D has been set up in the living room and here goes with a thread for it :) 1st day - First night i got the stand built and setup and aquarium on it and leveled. - Filled with RO water without salt to test for leaks, also ran all pumps for a few hours. 2nd day...
  10. D

RSM questions

Hello all, Been reading The RSMOC threads .... not all ..but alot. The problems I have been reading about high heat in the 250 seems to be a more common thing if you use the stock skimmer ... is this the same on the 130 ? Another question i have is, how reliable has the RSM warranty been. It...
  11. D

Hello all

Purchased a RSM 130D yesturaday ... will probably get it in about a week, Cannot wait to set this thing up :) got lots of reading to do first so it may be a while before i post any pics :)