Search results

1. S

New camera, 29 biocube no where near stock.

Just purchased a Sony hx100v bridge camera. I am pretty impressed with this thing, although it is my first time being a step above your normal digital camera. I will be purchasing a macro lens accessory hopefully soon. So here are some of the pictures...
  2. S

Coral ID

Hello guys/girls, just picked this "acan" up from a local reefer the other day. I am so happy he sold it to me I had been looking to buy it for some time now. And I did drop a good buck for this guy. Okay so we can't decide what exactly it is, it is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It grows heads...
  3. S

New thought on coral placement

Okay so while I was looking in the tank tonight after feeding, a thought came to my mind. In nature nutrients sink to the bottom of the ocean. Correct? And so in theory the nutrients in the bottom of our tanks would be higher than they are at the top. If someone has a pinpoint monitor to test...
  4. S

Got my first chalice!

Well I have been waiting for the right chalice for a long time and I finally found one. Cultivatedreef.com had a frag of Tyree LE Red Watermellon chalice on sale for $99 so I bought it. It did lose alot of it's color during shipping but I cannot wait until it colors back up. I will be posting...
  5. S

can zoanthids morph in a tank?

So after ordering a purple hornet today, It made me think of what could happen if I placed this with another color morph. What I mean is, if I put two morphs on the same plug is it possible for the two too produce an offspring of a different color. I know this probably wouldn't be common, but...
  6. S

40 fowlr stocking!

So this is my second tank. My other tank is a 29 biocube reef that I have had running for over a year! I am now in the process of setting up a new 40 gallon fowlr. I'm thinking of making it semi - aggresive. Somewhere inbetween. Heres the specs... 40 gallon breeder homemade stand 20...
  7. S

Silva's 29 b-cube

Well ive been a member of rs for some time now and I figured that since my tank is a year old this month I would start my journal. My 29 biocube(first tank ever): 25plus live rock 1inch sand bed custom hood with fans led's and actinic from original hood jbj 150W viper HQI two little...
  8. S

clownfish babies?

Okay so it is clear that my two clownfish have been a pair for some time now. They are always showing mating signs but I have yet to see them lay eggs. Like a week ago I looked in my tank in the middle of the night and saw some critters swimming along the glass and it looked like clownfish fry...
  9. S

250 watt Viper HQI on biocube?

Planning on getting a new light fixture for my 29 biocube. I was told by a friend that the 250 watt viper hqi was a great system. Does anyone have experience with this fixture?
  10. S

Missing wrasse

Yesterday my 6 line was looking great as usual, but now he is MIA. There is no possibility that he has jumped out of the tank because i have a biocube 29 with a HOOD on top. I looked in the back 3 chambers and he is no where to be found. I will have all my parameters checked by later...
  11. S

clownfish pairing

I have a oscelaris clown and a black and white clown. I just got the black and white today and the oscelaris is alot bigger. The oscelaris has been bulying the much smaller black and white all day. How long does it take for the two to form a pair?
  12. S

potters submitting to wrasse?

okay so today, i bought a six line wrasse and a black oscellaris clown. My question for you all is, " why is my potters angel submitting to my wrasse"? All my other fish are getting along togther but it seems as though the my potters angel is submitting to my six line wrasse. The angel...
  13. S

Kent Marine Supplements

hello everyone. I just bought the kent marine reef starter kit and I was wondering what y'all thought about it. Also what other supplements are good buys? the reef starter kit comes with liquid calcium strotium and molybdenum iodine
  14. S

t5 lighting

is there anyway i can put t5 lighting in my biocube 29 stock hood? This may sound like a dumb question. Sorry im new....:makefun:
  15. S

29 gallon lighting and skimmer

Hi all! Im new to RS and to reefing. That being said I have a few questions about what protein skimmer to buy and a lighting upgrade for my 29 gallon biocube reef tank. My tank still has all the stock parts with LR, Live sand bottom, 1 false percula, an algae blenny, a Potters angel(She is...