Search results

1. S

Please critique my sump design

Thanks. I ordered a 1/8 inch piece of glass to create a bubble trap after the refugium. How can I figure out the water level of my display tank? I have a 75 gallon AGA with a megaflow overflow kit. Do I just measure from the top of the tank down to where the water starts going into the overflow...
  2. S

Thanks for the awesome pictures, I've been trying to find some 55 gallon sumps. Can you tell me about your evaporation rates in your return area? I won't have an ATO, so I was planning on making my return area a little larger so I'm not replenishing the water level everyday. As for the piece...
  3. S

I was planning on doing bare bottom with macro and maybe some extra live rock. I want a minimalist aquascape, so I'll probably need the extra live rock below. Does this sound good?
  4. S

Thanks! I'm going to do the sump first and then start working on the plumbing once I get the sump in the stand. I plan on using flex pvc
  5. S

I should start this out by saying that I am brand new to this hobby. I've been lurking and buying supplies for the past year or so and I'm ready to build my sump. I have a 75 gallon display tank and the sump is 55 gallon. I calculated that 6.5 gallons is the amount that will drain down with...