Search results

1. O

Offshore357's RSM250

The short answer is no. Just no motive to do so. There are only a few factories over there producing these bulbs for Giesemann, KZ ,ATI and others. I would think that the RS bulbs are similar to one of those brands. ATI had an advantage for a while but those other bulbs have improved since...
  2. O

White oval dots. What are they? (pictures)

No idea. I have always had hundreds of them and never seen anything come from it. If so, I would have thousands of Nerites :). Not sure if they just dissolve or get woofed. I would guess that the environment in the tank is not suitable for raising them. If you have interest in it i would...
  3. O

Offshore357's RSM250

A little update on the tank. I have been debating the LED change for the tank since last year. Since I have not really found an option I want and my bulbs are about a year or so. I just replaced the bulbs. Thing I wanted to talk about was the bulb mix. I had been using, 3 Blue Plus 2...
  4. O

White oval dots. What are they? (pictures)

I'm going to go with snail eggs. Maybe Nerites.
  5. O

Questions on adding a TLF phosban reactor to RSM 130D

I don't think i would run that reactor down in the stand. Think you would be better off hanging it if you had enough room. Not sure what the red Sea NoPox is but guess it is a form of carbon dosing. I'll let them speak about that. I would think it would be fine to use a GFO with it if necessary...
  6. O

Vortech MP10 keeps falling

Clearly not the op's problem as its a 130. well within the MP10 specs. I suspect their issue is similar to what happens in mine. Especially as it happens at night. I run my MP10 at 100 % without any issues. Having said that, they really don't have the bite that the mp40 has on much thicker...
  7. O

Vortech MP10 keeps falling

Mine does this some times. A snail or hermit crawls in and stops the impeller. When that happens the dry side keeps spinning a little and changes polarity which ejects the wet side. I guess it would also happen if the wet side was going bad and binding. Per Ecotech, The glass on the 250 is...
  8. O

Offshore357's RSM250

Here is a few pics of my replacement clown in QT. Decided to change things up a little and went with a Black Ice. I need to get some pics of all the new fish in the tank. Thanks for looking, -JOHN
  9. O

FS: JBJ ATO New in box $65

FS: JBJ ATO New in box $65
  10. O

Steve's LEDs

Yup that's it. just a pvc J with a siphon break drilled in it. TY Glenn
  11. O

Steve's LEDs

Yes. I couldn't wait to get rid of that acc. kit. I don't recall reading about anyone having it fail over the years of the 250. But still don't trust that flimsy thing. Plus it just wastes so much energy trying to push woter through the restriction. I run the Ehien comact 3000 as the...
  12. O

Steve's LEDs

IC thought you would have ran the chiller inline off the return. Thanks Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  13. O

Steve's LEDs

OT your still using the accessory kit? What's it running? Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  14. O

Greg and Mellina's Tank (RSM250)

Congrats! Nice stuff. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  15. O

Super reef octopus XP 2000 protein skimmer

I have been running it on 70 gallons for a year and a half. My take is, It works well as far as skimming. Are probably up on top as far as being energy efficient. My BB2000 pulls 17 watts. That reduced heat is a big plus on are small systems. The neck size is too big for that small of a...
  16. O

copper QT tank,, trates and trits,, should they b off???

What Copper and what levels? Most angels are very sensitive to copper and as far as i know all of the dwarfs. They really would be better off with a hypo treatment.
  17. O

ID Help Please...

Look like zoa eating nudi's to me.
  18. O

Offshore357's RSM250

I have had these barnacles laying around for a few years. So I glued them together and put them in. Here is a couple of pics. It took a little over a day but the Bi-color Blenny moved in and is enjoying his new digs. -JOHN
  19. O

Doubling my skimmer or not

IMHO, I would ignore the manufacture’s gallon rating. They are mostly estimates that differ from company to company. Look at the following, Reaction Chamber size. Air draw Neck size Try and find other systems that would be compatible with yours and match those up somewhat. The...