Search results

1. cheely13

Riz3477 125 oceanic reef

Hey Riz just a heads up we all like pics so let us see your tank
  2. cheely13

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

Thanks Scott i didnt even think about grow bulbs ill get some today. I cut my lights back to 16 hrs too. Thank you guys again this might be the first and only time im exited to grow algae.
  3. cheely13

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

Ok guys ive been following along and now i made my own UAS have a few question though. 1. im using 4 T5's right now 2 daylight 2 antic should i get 2 more daylight ones and what output do you recommend. 2. should i leave them on 24 hrs a day or have a off time. Thank you for any help...
  4. cheely13

Fuge

ok matt my phosphate is showing 0 ill get some buckets then and do 2 big changes im just only able to make 40 in what i got now but ill do 2 big ones is fri and sun good it will take me a day and a half to make that much water. bigAl hmmm i started to notice the algae jump about 4 days after...
  5. cheely13

Fuge

Ok heres my situation i bumped up the lights by a hr in my display tank i knew it was going to throw things off a bit my nitrates are up to about 60 now and im growing some hair algae. My question though is i plan on doing 4 40gal water changes to help to get the nitrates down im also growing a...
  6. cheely13

sebae clown

yes its at 10 ppm just dont have anymore to test ph i thought 5 ppm and under is good so thats why i said a little high sorry. Starting my water change i change about 25g every 7 days
  7. cheely13

sebae clown

well today is my normal water change day so will be doing that in a few anyway as far as parameters salt 1.25 temp74.6 ammonia 0 nitrates a little high cant measure ph right now as far as areated i have 4 wavemakers i can turn up the water flow from gentle my frogspawn just dousnt like it much
  8. cheely13

sebae clown

Just have a quick question my sebea clown has not come out of the mushroom he normally sleeps in sense yesterday when you look at him he seems like he is gasping for air hasn't eaten in 2 days. I have had him for about 3 years just worried about him has anyone ever seen this and the clown...
  9. cheely13

frogspawn

my tanks temp is about 76 right now normally gets to about 78 in the summer and about 75 in the winter i dont have a chiller either and havent used a heater on this tank ever ive also attached 2 pics just so i can show you all the placement in my tank
  10. cheely13

frogspawn

Thanks guys for all the info as far as flow gos they are not in direct flow it is blocked by a rock and 2 kenya trees plus have all my power heads hooked into a wavemaker so they get alternating flow the tenticals reach out about half a inch from the head
  11. cheely13

frogspawn

sounds like im leaving the heads in there have tried to feed them some brine shrimp and also some photoplex but they still died so i stopped target feeding you think i should go back then, is once a week good then any other suggestions for feeding i think mysis might be too big
  12. cheely13

frogspawn

Ok heres my problem about 13 days ago i bought a frogspawn frag from my LFS it was in 2 pieces they said it had broke but all the heads were open ive placed them both in the same water flow and distance from my lights. The frag with the 3 headshas now completely died off but the one with the 2...
  13. cheely13

Red Sea wavemaster pro

Thanks Tom for the manual my 4 pumps should work fine going to hook it up tomorrow when i do my water change. Willie thanks also for the advice i was thinking either gentle or rolling setting would be the best i do like it has a night mode so i can shut it down for a nice calm flow.
  14. cheely13

Red Sea wavemaster pro

Hello all i just picked up a Red Sea Wavemaster for my 160 gal reef my questions are 1 can i use my 4 existing power heads or do i need to get controllable ones and if i do need to get new ones what do you all think i should get brand and gph plan on using 4 2 what wave pattern should i...
  15. cheely13

bristle worms

OK guy a quick question i just seen 2 bristle worms in my refuge do i need to get them out or is this ok. Will they eat pods and stuff that are in there?
  16. cheely13

Haitian Anemone

as far as lights i have 6 t 5s they are all 54w the breakdown is 1 ati aquablue special, 3 ati blue plus, 1 ati purple plus, 1 ge 6500k daylight called reefgeek and this is the combo they digested i also have a 400w metal halite that i dont have hooked up i like the look of the t 5 so much...
  17. cheely13

Haitian Anemone

you think they will have a problem i have about 200g of water 160g display 40g sump 20 gal fug i was hopeing they would never even know the other was there i know the carpet will get big though right now hes about 7in diameter and the condy is 5in the carpet is a green s. haddoni sorry should...
  18. cheely13

Haitian Anemone

Ok guys just have a question for you. I have a carpet anemone in my tank with 2 sebae clowns i got the carpet to host the clowns but i guess they never liked it. A few weeks ago i picked up a Haitian anemone i really love the look of it i looked it up online and it said it is very rare to...
  19. cheely13

$1 per gallon sale Petco

I got 2 40 gal breeders used one to upgrade my 20g long and the other to upgrade my sump for my 160 all and all i think it was a great buy basically 2 cheaper than i could buy one.
  20. cheely13

my 2 year old tank

just a little more info temp runs about 79 deg, salt at 1.025, using 6 t5 ATI lights, fish 2 sebae clowns, 2 coral catfish, niger trigger, sailfin tang, tomini tang, pajama cardinal, coral beauty, a damsel Long tentical anemone, curly Q anemone, mushroom anemones, star...