Search results

1. hooterhead

paint

i'm building an in tank overflow for my hex. one like you would put a durso in. i'm having trouble finding black acrylic around here so i was wondering if there was any chance in h*** that there was some freakish aquarium safe paint. i doubt there is but it's worth giving the question a shot...
  2. hooterhead

nudi?

this little guy has popped up in the last couple of days. it's in my 5 gal reef. i really have no idea where it came from as the last addition to the tank was a sea fan about 2 months ago and this is the first i've seen of him. i'm not concerned about whether or not it's reef-safe but just...
  3. hooterhead

DSB spin-off

ok not sure who can help me here but i'm going to give it a shot. my plan is to turn my 30 gal hex into a lagoon complete with seagrass (not sure which type yet, what ever is available when i'm ready for it.), seahorses, and possibly pipfish. the plan is to get 2 gallons of mineral mud that is...
  4. hooterhead

seagrasses

i'm looking for a place i can get some type of seagrass. doesn't matter what kind to me as long as it's not rediculously expensive. i plan on turning an empty hex into a seahorse tank and thought that a grassy bottom would be appreciated by the ponies. also i need some info on which stay...
  5. hooterhead

sponge

i'm guessing that this is a sponge of some sort but was just looking for conformation. got the rock with my seahorse last weekend. the "sponge" seems to be growing a little bit and has a fuzzy appearance. i can geta better pic if need be.
  6. hooterhead

new additions!

here's my two newest additions to the family. a black back butterfly and a reidi seahorse! my girlfriend got me the seahorse as an early anneversary present and i got the butterfly for myself yesterday.
  7. hooterhead

new addition to the nano

well i've gone and done it again... we decided to go to some places in search of frags. i came home with what i was looking for and another addition to the family. a seahorse. it's black and was labeled a reidi but i haven't seen a picture on seahorse.org or oceanrider that shows a black reidi...
  8. hooterhead

howdy

hello everyone. i'm brandon, a 21 year old junior at the University of North Texas. i've been keeping fish for years. but got into salt water about 3 years ago. i still have my first SW fish and yes it's still alive... my tanks... oh my tanks. it's been a constant set up process for a while but...