Search results

1. IowaBoy

having trouble feeding clownfish (picky fish)

so when i first got my clown i fed it thawed brine shrimp, loved it...to cut down on budged and ammonia (extras for scavengers) i bought some flake food and well he just nips at it and barely eats it. any thing else i could try?
  2. IowaBoy

OT any fps pc gaming fans?

title says it all:)
  3. IowaBoy

My Blenny is Sick!!!

correct on the above... again, depending on what type it could be due to age
  4. IowaBoy

molting?

im getting a memory chip for my cell phone (taking some pics fish for class) ill take the pic then (do not have to worry about getting cam. to work then).
  5. IowaBoy

molting?

this thing is confusing me....the clear thing on the rock was gone last night (lights were off, used a flashlight) and now it is back up on the rock not moving. any one thinking hitchhiker?
  6. IowaBoy

how to change water with out getting salinity?

I found an small fountain pump and hooked it up...
  7. IowaBoy

molting?

if i can get my cam. to work ill try to take pic.
  8. IowaBoy

molting?

got home today and looked my tank and i saw my peppermint shrimp on top of a rock...though with no color. is it molting or.....
  9. IowaBoy

Quick question abut aiptasia

it may just be eating
  10. IowaBoy

Quick question abut aiptasia

From my exp. no, I check my tank at night and mine really never closes up.
  11. IowaBoy

white spot

are you using live rock?
  12. IowaBoy

peppermint shirmp question...

the best part about them you do not get a recording! any way...the shrimp is doing great, it has housed itself under a small gap in a rock (i think there is a larger gap below). Now for a completely different question, in that rock there is a bristle worm, will the bristle worm go crazy and...
  13. IowaBoy

question on clownfish

today i only bought one clownfish....because they are territorial how much time do i have until i can not get a 2nd one?
  14. IowaBoy

Are my clownfish breeding?

prepare for about 300 baby fish
  15. IowaBoy

how to change water with out getting salinity?

well, i have a little idea. I have a kitty litter pale that was being used to hold the spare saltwater, because it has straight edges i can put hang on filter on the side to mix the salt. the problem is that the top is heavy duty so i will have to bring out one of my old heavy duty pocket...
  16. IowaBoy

Clean Up Crew

snails are the best clean up crew in my opinion, but be aware that the crabs may try to take the shells from them. other good cecs are shrimp, just about any of them will do
  17. IowaBoy

At the end, i did call the hotline for foster and smith (the shop gets their stuff through them). guy said about an hour, so i let them go after that amount of time if not longer. the shrimp and the clownfish are doing fine. ty for help
  18. IowaBoy

Which brand of SALT do you use???

I use Kent because of the price, nice and cheap
  19. IowaBoy

I am not for sure on how the pet shop's is. They have mult. tanks.
  20. IowaBoy

Just got my first shrimp but I am unsure of the accumulation time. How long should I have him in the bag? I am adding some water about ever 10-15 min...been doing it for about 30 min now.