Search results

1. K

Tunze 9006 on a nano

Will this be too overkill for my nano? I have a 30 gallon (actual water volume) that is SPS dominated with a few LPS. I currently have three fish (clown x2 and a six line) and I'm thinking about getting one more fish if I get a bigger skimmer. The system has a fuge, GFO reactor, and a...
  2. K

Current USA customer support number

Phone number worked. I had to leave a message but customer support called back within 5 minutes. Thanks again for the help
  3. K

I'll give that number a try tomorrow. Thanks for the response.
  4. K

I would like to start off by saying I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I honestly don't know where to ask this. Does anyone know the customer support number of Current USA? I'm wanting to drill my Aquapod 24 and wanted to call in and ask if the back glass panel is safe...
  5. K

Ecoxotic stunner strips 453nm blue

I have a pair of Ecoxotic 453nm blue stunner strips with a single power supply. These were only used for a few weeks before I switched from halides to LEDs, they are in prefect working condition. $90+shipping for the two stunner strips and the power supply PM me for faster responses
  6. K

Need help understanding calcium reactors

Well the title says it all. I'm not entirely sure how calcium reactors work, I've read several articles on them and still don't completely understand. My main questions are: Does the calcium reactor just add the set amount of Ca per day or does it adjust to maintain set levels? Do you have to...
  7. K

Echinata turning white

I want to start off by saying that the pictures make it look WAY worse than it actually appears. The really white parts in the picture actually have a light blue hue to them and are not completely white, they are just faded and are pretty close to white. The top down pictures, although blurry...
  8. K

Echinata turning white

Yea I was thinking it would be a good idea to move it down too. The only problem is that the only open spot on my sand bed is directly below the light. (its pretty much directly under it right now anyways) There is only a >5 inch difference between where it is now and the sand bed, would...
  9. K

Echinata turning white

Well I picked up a nice size piece of ORA hawkin's echinata and its turning white. Its in my 24 gallon SPS nano. I placed it at the top of my rock work because the sand bed is occupied with some scolys and I don't want it to get stung. I believe its turning white because of the tank...
  10. K

Keithrett's AP24 (caution full of pics)

Thanks everyone for the kind words
  11. K

Keithrett's AP24 (caution full of pics)

This is my relatively young SPS dominated aquapod 24. It has been set up since early this year, but wasn't originally a SPS tank. Livestock 1 ORA simi-picasso clown and 1 grade A picasso from Doni 1 sixline wrasse 1 cleaner shrimp 2 sexy shrimp GBTA has been removed since pictures were taken...
  12. K

Sexy shrimp larvae

Well my sexy shrimp spawned last night and I was able to catch the larvae using airline tubing and a light. They are now in a five gallon tank inside a 10 gallon tank. (10 gallon is filled with tap water and a heater to keep the temp stable) This kind of caught me off guard and I didn't have...
  13. K

Vortech MP10 dry side excessive noise

Well I swapped out the wet sides and the noise was still there so it is definitely the dry side. I got this pump used off of ebay about 4 months ago and the warranty card was not included. (dont know if its registered or not) Should I just order a new dry side since I got it used without the...
  14. K

I haven't tried swapping the wet sides, but I will give that a try. I'm almost certain that its the dry side though. I'm going to give ecotech a call tomorrow and see what they say. I'll be pretty bummed if I have to get the replacement. These pumps are awesome but if things like this happen...
  15. K

I got this pump used though, so I didnt receive the warranty card when I bought it. That would be amazing customer support if they sent me a new one. Lol. It's worth a try though, $100 is a lot for a replacement part.
  16. K

Well I got this pump used a while ago and just recently upgraded it to a MP10w ES so that I could take advantage of the wireless feature. I've had my two MP10w ES's running for a a week or less now and the old MP10's dry side is making a grinding noise when it revs up. The new MP10 is...
  17. K

Vortech owners assemble!

yep, that seemed to do it. I couldn't find the manual that came with my new MP10 and the other pump just has the upgrade kit (no manual) but it just now struck me that I could have probably looked in my MP40 manual. lol, I was just so eager to get these two pumps working. Thanks for the quick...
  18. K

Vortech owners assemble!

I just picked up two MP10w ES's and I need help figuring out how to set them so that one is on when the other is off to create a nice wave in my tank. I wirelessly synced them but that only made them do the same thing at the sime time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Keith
  19. K

24G aquapod skimmer?

You could always drill the tank and get a sump, then you could get a tunze 9002 in-sump skimmer
  20. K

24G aquapod skimmer?

Im just going to say, good luck finding any in-tank skimmer that will fit in the back chambers of an AP24. (theres just no room in these things) I have a remora on mine and there are micro bubble everywhere (it looks like a snow globe) lol GL finding a skimmer, if you don't mind micro...