Search results

1. drydens

Replacement Hood fans

Me neither. Call to Pinky tomorrow I guess.
  2. drydens

Replacement Hood fans

Can someone provide an online link for buying replacement hood fans for the RSM 130?
  3. drydens

RSm's in Tidewater, Virginia area

Thanks! i may just do that.
  4. drydens

Tank is terrific! I have had it 4 about 2 years or so. I have 4 tanks. The RSM is the best of the breed by far! My only complaint is i wish they had seperate Actinic Lights and Timer. Cheers
  5. drydens

Anyone that has an RSM live in Tidewater area?
  6. drydens

red sea max 130d skimmer

I use the tunze 9002 - works terrific. You do have to buy a replacement skim cup in order for the back lid to close though. Cost is about $50.00 USD
  7. drydens

red sea max 130d skimmer

The stock Skimmer is not very good. However, hanging a skimmer on the back may not look so nice. There are replacement skimmers that do fit in the chamber itself though. IMO, I would use the stock skimmer at first and if you likem it then good to go. BTW, most find the noise it makes to be...
  8. drydens

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

Odd, I have three tunze and they all work terrific and I have never had to adjust a single one of them and the cup gets filled with some pretty vile stuff. Not saying the Euro is not better mind you but compromising the RSMs looks for improving something that does not need it (how can you do...
  9. drydens

Perhaps but it is awefully ugly! LOL especially having a skimmer cup with all its slime sticking out the top - You might as well buy a normal tank if you are going to mare the beauty of the RSM! Besides, better is the enemy of good enough. Tunze works great for a 34 gallon tank - even with a...
  10. drydens

Why on earth would anyone want to ruin the esthetics of their RSM by cutting a hole and having an ugly skimmer cup jutting out the top? Why not go with a Skimmer that fits in-side? Minimally the Tunze 9002 for example?
  11. drydens

Aquapod 24

Hi all. Need your advice on my AP24. In short - Ido not like it! I own an RSM 130 and 2 Biocubes as well as the AP. They seem to work better. Water flow is higher and their chemicals are much more stable then the AP 24 (with similiar Bio load). So, question is what to do about it? Any...
  12. drydens

Pinky at Red Sea Max

Probably already known - Red Sea max (The Company) is terrific. Pinky came through for me on required replacement parts! She threw in a free 250 as well! Many thanks Pinky! HaHa - well just kidding about the 250. Thanks for getting me the needed parts Pinky!
  13. drydens

Little White Pins that hold hinge to the lid

Thanks. I had emailed her last week but never received a response.
  14. drydens

Little White Pins that hold hinge to the lid

Does anyone know a source for the white pins that hold the hood to the hinge for the 130?
  15. drydens

regarding red sea max 250's heater and..

IMO most heaters in the trade are a problem. I have gone through most manufactureres and eventually they all have either stuck on or off. About a year ago I switched to a Heater Controller (Can buy em off ebay at good prices). Now temaps are stable in all of my tanks that do not have a...
  16. drydens

Chaeto

great idea! How long have you been doing it that way?
  17. drydens

Chaeto

Excellent. Saw those lights- was wondering. Will get one and try your approach. Cheers & thanks.
  18. drydens

Chaeto

Looking for ideas on how others add Chaeto to their RSMs. I have the Media basket already - Thinking of using the bottom chamber. How to do the lights? Anyone add a small light on the outside of the tank. perhaps scrapping off the back black coating or put the light on the inside of the power...
  19. drydens

Purple tip anemone

Maroon Clowns host in them sometimes. I have a Condy in a 14G BC with one Maroon - 2 years now together. Though B4 I got the Condy I suspect this particular Clown would host in it since it was hosting in a fake anemone I placed in the tank.
  20. drydens

RS Wavemaker and Positioning of Power Heads

I use 2 of the nano koralia's and the RSM Wave Maker. I have them on opposite back corners tilted down. Corals are very happy.