Search results

1. 5

SG for freshwater?

Are you talking about how some freshwater fish require salt? couse thats actually a good question I'am curious myself. I know your supposed to add about 2 table spoons of salt for every 30 gallons, but do not know what SG should be? Anyone?
  2. 5

Source water...

How would you go about getting distilled or reverse Osmosis/Deionized water? And you would have to use this everytime you do a water change correct?
  3. 5

Undergravel filter...

I know im probably going to regret asking this, because it seems quite obvious. But an undergravel filter can not be used with sand as your substrate can it?
  4. 5

Placing live rock in new tank?

I really appreciate it thanks for the heads up!
  5. 5

Thank you very much for the following info that really helps, I wanted to ask if you would advise buying that rock for simply a base alone. I never thought of putting down base rock but it makes a lot of sense. And if so you said you would recommend seeding the rock with live rock? My only...
  6. 5

I Just started my first reef aquarium and am undergoing the long proccess of getting everything in place before I put any livestock in it. I found someone selling live rock on craigslist that is in cardboard boxes and has been out of water for who knows how long now. Does anyone know if it is ok...