Search results

1. K

Power Out!!!

Just found out my power is going to be out tomorrow for up to 6 hours. Wife forgot to tell me sooner. I'm a bit worried. Fortunately I am off work so I will be home the whole time. I'm thinking if I take water out of the sump every now and then and dump it into the display, this will help with...
  2. K

Lights or no lights?

Yesterday I picked up a couple flasher wrasses and a large maxima clam, about 6". In my impatience, I turned the tank lights on prematurely and my Purple tang and melanurus wrasse both harassed the newbies, so I turned off the lights for the rest of the day and night. The newcomers were both...
  3. K

XM 250w on Probe start ballasts?

Ok, I'm getting conflicting info. According to hellolights and Aquacave, the 250w XM 20k will run on my probe start ballast, but according to Marine Depot the 175w will but the 250w will not. Does anybody know? I would rather not spend the money on a bulb that will not work properly. Thanks, Dave
  4. K

WTB 250w ballast in Brea, CA

I'm looking for 250w MH ballast cheap. Let me know what you got and a price. PM please. Thanks, Dave
  5. K

Live Rock FS or Trade in Brea, CA

I have about 40 Lbs of LR from my tank overhaul. Looking for $80 OBO or some monti digis or Caps, or sweet palys. I'm very negotiable. PM only please. I also have about 10 lbs of Live sand, too. Here's pics:
  6. K

CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special Grade Reef Sand

Does anybody have this sand in their tanks and is willing to share pics for me. I was unable to find it locally so I will have to get it from Marine Depot, but unfortunately I can not see it beforehand. I really don't want to order the wrong stuff. Thanks, Dave CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special...
  7. K

Wrasse w/o sand temporarily

This weekend I am planning to remove the rest of my sand from my tank in order to replace it with a larger grain. Unfortunately because of financial reasons, i can not afford to get the new sand yet, but because of tank health reasons, I have to get it done ASAP. I would like to go barebottom...
  8. K

Calcium off the charts...

Well, got me a new elos cal test kit today and at first i though it was a bad kit, so i tested twice and compared it to API and Salifert. It was a bit higher than both of them, but they read way high, too. Alk was 11, mag was 1300 and calcium was 600. API and Salifert(Old test kit) both read...
  9. K

My new maxima...

went to RAP today and picked up this beauty. What do you think?:
  10. K

Help!!! Nudi in my Zoos...

I saw a nudi in a pic yesterday but do not see it on my zoas today. I have 3 zoa frags and 3 paly frags and a few questions. First are palys safe from nudis? Second, should I QT all my zoas or just the infected one. The others are openign fine and I see no eggs or nothing on them? I'm afraid...
  11. K

zoo pox?

I'm pretty sure this is what I ahev, but I need to make sure before I preoceed with treatment. here's the pics: They were all opening really well, until a couple days ago when my tang knocked them off their spot into the sand. I thought it was sand so I blew them off with a turkey...
  12. K

acclimating snails shipped dry?

i got 50+ nassarius snails and 50+ perwinkle snails delivered today. As promised, they were delivered in no water. acclimation procedures are pretty vague but go like this: rinse snails in colander with either tank H2O or room temp tap water. I used tank water. Then acclimate to your tank's...
  13. K

is my anthias changing?

I have had my lyretail by herself for about 3 weeks now, she eats fine(picky as hell) and is very healthy. I have heard 2 different opinions on whether she will change to a male by herself or stay female. Anybody kno for sure? Also, assuming she will change being alone, what signs should I...