Search results

1. C

Share your Radion graphs!

Hey everyone, With many people getting into LEDs, and with the radions being a popular unit, I wanted to create a thread for all the Radion owners to share our schedules and graphs with each other. There is an endless amount of possibilities with the all the options the Radion has to offer...
  2. C

Mounting EcoTech Radion with VESA LCD TV mount

Hi everyone, I have a 24"x24"x24" cube tank and I am planning on purchasing a Ecotech Radion LED unit within the next few days. I am here to discuss an alternative mount for the EcoTech Radion LED fixtures. Ive seen many people trying to avoid the ceiling cable mount. I know there is an...
  3. C

Be electrically safe, or else! Lesson learned...wild pic

So let me start by saying that I haven't been having much luck the past few weeks, I recently started up my 55 gallon again after it started leaking years ago... After the first month everything was going great, have 2 clowns, a falco hawkfish, and a nice sized clean up crew. Check my reef...
  4. C

Small white dots on LR...eggs?

Noticed these little white shiny spots on a piece of liverock today... poked one with a glass pipette and it "popped", which prob wasnt a good idea...but they are new and my tank has only been established for about 2 months. all i have in there is 2 clowns and some snails/hermits... any...
  5. C

Help with refugium setup in conjunction with existing sump-URGENT

Hi everyone! I am looking to add a refugium to my current setup. This is the very first refugium I will be putting up and am very new to the setups. I did order some caulerpa/cheato/pods, so Im in kind of a hurry to set this up...I am currently running an eshoppes sump, filter...
  6. C

Returning to RS! 55 Gallon CUBE!!!! Many Pics *Updating*

Hi all! I have been outta the game for a while, but Im coming back with even more passion for this awesome hobby! Im super excited to setup my 55 gallon glass CUBE tank again. The tank itself without the frame measures 23x23x23. I decided to reseal the tank after it seemed to have a small...
  7. C

Returning to RS!! Questions about eshopps rs-100 sump design!

Hello all, Its been a very long time since my last posting! I have missed the aquarium hobby. I started working at the Pittsburgh Aquarium, and couldnt handle taking care of tanks at work and at home. So when I started work there I sold all of the contents of my 55 Gallon Cube. (PIcs...
  8. C

Help adjusting new protein skimmer (ASM Mini G) with sump

Hello all, Its been a very long time since my last posting! I have missed the aquarium hobby. I started working at the Pittsburgh Aquarium, and couldnt handle taking care of tanks at work and at home. So when I started work there I sold all of the contents of my 55 Gallon Cube. (PIcs...
  9. C

Pagoda Tissue Deterioration

Hey Everyone, Quick concerns. I have this hearty pagoda(Cup coral) for quite some time now. It has been doing great, until recently I noticed tissue has been slowly dying off from the base up to the polyps. (You know, that greenish/yellow shriveled tissue.) Well, I have checked my parameters...
  10. C

RO/DI unit..quick opinion needed

Looking to get a household RO/DI unit. Running a 65gal cube tank with open top. Been doin many topoffs and is burning a hole in my pocket... So..Here is the unit. opinions on brand/quality/flow rate, etc.. for price on the site... Thanks in advance to all you LSS and water quality...
  11. C

odd Coral ID

hey im having trouble IDin this coral... I highlighted it with a yellow ring...any opinions are helpful thanks! Some have said is an ACAN Lord, but im not sure that is right...but anyhoo..:help: edit** I can post more pics if needed! just let me know
  12. C

New to RS..PICS! 56k beware!

Hey all, Im new to RS..these are my first pic posts...I have been lurking here for a while though and decided to post..but I am a college student who got into keeping a reef tank three years ago(i actually started with a 12 gallon nano in my dorm!) but after moving into a house and...