Search results

1. T

Hydor Koralie Magnum 8's and Controller

I was in the process of setting up a monster tank in April, but things changed and I ended up selling it instead. I bought some powerheads in anticipation of setting up the tank, so now they are for sale (as I think they would knock my nano over). "Selling my Koralia Mag 8's and 2 way...
  2. T

Let's see some clams!

My 2 new babes- just acclimated in these pics
  3. T

My Chalice collection begins...

Very nice! I will be the first in thread to say "I'll take a piece of that!"
  4. T

135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

Very nice tank indeed! Great LPS!
  5. T

clear/white tentacles in rock?

Probably this: This interesting kritter is found in most reef tanks near the rockwork or in the substrate of the refugium. The worm (possibly a Chaetopterid or Spionid) secretes a mucous to build a small tube with sand grains (two tubes visible in the image above), and extends two 'palps' for...
  6. T

Why are my green star polyps lite brown?

What kind of light do you have? I had a 55 gallon with a GLO fixture and my vvery bright green polyps looked brown underneath it. It did not affect the color of my green birdsnest though.
  7. T

Frog spawn

Ditto, I have a purple tipped and octopus frogspawn growing together, and I have a wall hammer underneath it that basically touches. They are all happy.
  8. T

Zoa ID?

Well, I am also sticking with green starfire until someone finds out its real name.
  9. T

Zoa ID?

HAHA! holy crap. Starfire must be a natural name for these guys because whala! here is another one: GREEN STAR FIRE Zoanthids Palythoa Softy LPS Live Coral - eBay (item 130330291031 end time Sep-13-09 18:47:04 PDT)
  10. T

Zoa ID?

Well, since you said that I searched for star fire zoa's on the net, and at first I was coming up with only starfire tanks (since that is a name brand I guess). However, then I found this: reefphotos.org - a service from frags.org and holy crap, those kind of look like what I have! I...
  11. T

Zoa ID?

OK they are starfires then. Great name I think, hopefully will catch...
  12. T

my brand new BTA

Oh, you don't need halides as long as you have suitable T5's :) Definitely nothing less than that though.
  13. T

My very own sea monster

I think that is as close as I will be able to get. The rock is in my tank, and I only have a stock lens. The creature is only as big as my thumb...so I think those pictures are very good. I will try to get a little bit better picture...but the one I took with a flash before didn't turn out...
  14. T

My very own sea monster

LOL, I think they quit the small jobs and only take big movie-making jobs now. Poor us with our sea monsters and all.
  15. T

Zoa ID?

Hey Everyone, I bought these zoas a couple weeks ago, and I am not sure what kind they are nor was the guy who sold them to me. Any ideas? THANKS
  16. T

Post your favorite zoanthid pics thread

I don't know what these are called but I thought they were very cool...any ideas are appreciated. :)
  17. T

My very own sea monster

No really good pics because it faces up, not sideways unfortunately. Not sure about how to change that because I think it has sort of attached to the rock now... bdesper that is what I am wondering!
  18. T

My very own sea monster

Hey Everybody!! I have tried to identify this on my LRS, but no one could come up with the right answer...maybe you can? PS: NOT the clam, look below that. Closed Opening... Open! Close up :D
  19. T

Pics of my tank - 9/15/09

Beautiful (empty?) tank! I like the colors that you have come up with even without much coral. What kind of camera/lens are you using? I have a canon rebel xt but need a better lens than the stock one...