Search results

1. K

Am I Crazy?!

I have always worked around my fish with no problems, but I have got a little more real estate...
  2. K

Hi from Ireland

Welcome, J14!
  3. K

55 gallon sump/fuge work in progress

I think I used 1/4 BUT some of my walls are a little cocked and if you used 1/8 you may not have that problem. I don't think you need to worry about strength or anything like that...
  4. K

Reef Sanctuary Newbie

Hello and welcome!
  5. K

Starting a 5.5 frag tank

I take it this is a stand alone system and not plumbed into your other stuff?
  6. K

Canister Filters and skimmers

I believe that what rdz1 is saying is that with most reef aquariums your filtration is done through live rock, sand and a protein skimmer. Canister filters are used more in FOWLR or overstocked aquariums. This is sometimes referred to as a Berlin Filtration system.
  7. K

Coral placement

Don't they do the inter-library loan?
  8. K

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Acrylic didn't stick to glass with silicone so you has to use glass with glass...
  9. K

Hey RS Family

So far I have found that lights are the most rewarding investment you can make for your reef. The difference I had in coral size after I replaced my VHO's with Mh was AMAZING!
  10. K

Hello Everybody

Welcome! Any pictures you can share?
  11. K

Micro Bubble Help!!!!

The siphon break is a good wag... I personally don't have one because my outlet is pretty high but I know I should. I'm no hydrologist, but of the breaks I have seen I have not seen microbubble issues, just a little stream of water from the break. I would think that if the hole was in a bad...
  12. K

Micro Bubble Help!!!!

It is intersting... I have plenty of bubbles coming out of my drains but no problems in my DT unless my pump cavitates... I guess I had no idea how lucky I am...
  13. K

Micro Bubble Help!!!!

I put a 90 on my skimmer drain not because of bubbles but to adjust my surface agitation. I wounder if you could go for a full 180 if the drain was low enough in your sump...
  14. K

Hiya

Nice! Love the huge worm! Welcome!
  15. K

The only other advice that I have is to be sure that you have the volume free in the pump chamber or the skimmer chamber to take the additional water from the tank when the pump is not running. I have enough in mine, but just... and by luck.
  16. K

question on Black Mangrove Sprouted

I don't know if it is the best thing for nitrate removal, but I have red mangrove propagules in my freshwater tank. They seem hardy and easy to grow. Perhaps someone else uses them for more than just decoration...
  17. K

Hello from Seattle!

Welcome!
  18. K

On my sump my bubble trap walls are- 1/2 in from top, 1/2 from bottom, 1 in from top. Hope this helps, sorry it took so long.
  19. K

Hi Everyone! Glad To Be Here

welcome, Happyfishman!
  20. K

Can someone please help with microbubbles in my DT!!!

If you have no bubbles to be pulled into the pump, how are all the lines and connections between the pump and outlet? Tight and taped? It would seem odd, but a threaded connection above the water level could pull air in down the threads.