Search results

1. M

Artistic pics of my tank by Aquatic Prints (Mitchell)

Thanks everyone. I'm very happy with the tank. It's 2 years old, however most of the corals are just over or just under a year old. All the sps were one inch frags when I got them. The colors are not too far off on a lot of them. It's pretty obvious which ones have been altered for "artistic...
  2. M

Artistic pics of my tank by Aquatic Prints (Mitchell)

Mitchell from aquaticprints.com came over and took pics of my tank, corals and fish. I'm very happy with the results. He was great to work with and a very nice guy. Keep in mind, these are supposed to be artistic, not a true to life reproduction. This is what makes them special. Here are...
  3. M

LiveAquaria help?!

I, too, am very picky :) Check out aquariumpros.ca. The local stores post when they have shipments in, usually with pics. You need to show up immediately to get the good stuff, though. And be prepared to pay for it!
  4. M

LiveAquaria help?!

What is it you're looking for? I'm in T.O. and there are some great stores here. Check out Oakville Reef Gallery and Reef Raft. They get in some super shipments.
  5. M

RockWork

Thanks. Everything is growing well and SPS is encrusting and growing. First six months is the easiest, though. :time: I've gone to great lengths and expense to make sure the system is going to thrive for years to come. OK, off to buy more corals!!:woohoo: Cheers
  6. M

RockWork

I added a little more rock to the left part of the center rockwork and lots of corals. the tank is six months old today!
  7. M

Can anyone recommend a good camera for under 300 dollars?

Try to find a DSLR used on Craigslist or Kijiji. Even the lower end DSLR will be better than a good point and shoot. I had a $400 CAD Fuji EXR200 point and shoot and was given a Sony a230 DSLR - same price as the Fuji. There is simply no comparison. the DSLR's color and dynamic range simply...
  8. M

White 'blotches' on Blond Naso

Cool. Thanks. No worries. I have a nice set up with lots of flow for it. :)
  9. M

White 'blotches' on Blond Naso

I want to buy this Naso Tang. The LFS has had it for a month. It's eating pellets, brine and nori, so it's healthy. He says they get these white blotches. He doesn't know why, but says it's NOT any kind of disease, etc. and hasn't developed or changed into anything. This guy is pretty good and...
  10. M

InWall Tank ideas . . .

Are you doing to do a predator FOWLR? I would be careful with the water quality for the reef tank if it's connected to the FOWLR tank. Just a thought.
  11. M

Power heads in a new 65 gallon tank, ???????????

Depends on how you place them and what kind of flow - narrow, wide, continuous, varied - what kind of corals - SPS, LPS, Softies, etc. I have heard of 65 gallon tanks with 2 Vortech MP40's in it and very happy SPS, but I'm sure LPS would not like that much. Also depends on the dimensions of the...
  12. M

My first attempt at aquascaping!

Do a search on here and reef central, or any other forum for "aquascaping" and you'll find info. That's what i did and came across this method. It really isn't that hard. Just keep it simple. Zip ties are VERY easy to use and if you throw the epoxy over it, it's great. Also, this is just my...
  13. M

My first attempt at aquascaping!

You may want to try drilling the rock and using acrylic rods to secure them together along with some 2 part epoxy, like D-D Aquascape, and/or zip ties - which you can cover with the epoxy to hide them. That way you can make more opening and more interesting arches, etc. without worrying about it...
  14. M

Blue Spot Jawfish with mandarin and anemone

I couldn't pick it up tonight. Got caught up in business. I will pick it up tomorrow night and try to get a pic or two the next day. I promise.......:willis:
  15. M

OK! Here's "Spot" Sorry for the crappy quality. Here's the tank as it sits now. MMy old tank crashed and I lost all my corals, so I am just starting to get some into the new tank. It's a peninsula, so here's the two sides....
  16. M

Excellent! I am getting an Orange Bubble Tip anemone tomorrow. It will be a while before I get the Mandarin, but very much looking forward to the combination. thanks for the input.
  17. M

OK, I'm not very knowledgeable of the different characteristics of the different anemones. So, the BTA is better? I can put it on the rocks somewhere and HOPE it likes it there and doesn't end up on the glass or sitting on top of another coral - or the jawfish? Is it as likely to host clowns...
  18. M

Thanks John, That is encouraging. The Mandarin is the fish i wanted most - next to the blue spot. I wasn't going to get an anemone. but my clowns seemed SO happy when they were hosting my hammer - which is gone now. Cheers
  19. M

Blue Spot Jawfish with mandarin and anemone I have a great BSJ. I want to get a Mandarin Dragonet and a long tentacle anemone for my clowns. Will he be ok with both, or either of these? I want to make sure I am not unwisely endangering him. Thanks!