Search results

1. J

Low ph, dkh, calcium and mag

Hi- For the last week or so, I've been constantly measuing ph, alk/dkh, calcium and magnesium using Salifert test kits. Parameters seem to be around the following: temp - 77 - 78 ph - 7.7 - 7.8 dkh - 7.0 calcium - 390 mag - 1200 Ammonia, nitrates and nitrates are all 0.0. I...
  2. J

Can I drop choco chip star in DT?

I have a pair of Harlequin Shrimps that are in my DT. As all of you know, I've put all my fish in QT so only inverts and snails are in the DT. I'm planning to keep it fallow for the 8 weeks that's recommended to get the ich to die-off. My question is can I just drop a Choco Chip Starfish in...
  3. J

ich on my coral beauty angel

Re: Copper Treatment & Fallow Times Lee, Unfortunately, I got ich on my coral beauty angel a few days ago and plan to do the Copper treatment in a 10-gallon QT tank for all fish when I come back from vacation after labor day weekend. Right now, all fish (1 2-inch coral beauty angel, 1 small...
  4. J

Hi to All...

Hi to everyone on here! I'm Warren from NJ. I'm new to the forum and also a newbie at SW tanks. I've started out with FW when I was in high school and college. Now, after a few years of not having a tank, I've decided to dive into the SW world. I've started cycling my tank over the...