Search results

1. D

Tank near fireplace?

The tank is on a side wall the the fireplace is centered on the end wall. We usually have it on low unless its an unusually cold night and the house is freezing (we keep the heat at 67). We're also home if the fireplace is on so we can keep an eye on the temperature of the tank. We let the...
  2. D

Tank near fireplace?

We're new to saltwater fish and large tanks. We have a 110 gallon tank that's currently sitting empty in our living room. We're hoping to get the filter system, etc, today so we can fill it. Where it sits now it's a little less than 8 feet from our fireplace which has an insert in it to throw...
  3. D

New to SWF

Thanks for the welcomes! I just uploaded a couple of photos of the tank/stand. I hope we can pick up the filter system, etc, on Saturday so we can get it going. I don't know that we'll have to add any organic material to the water to cycle it since it stinks when I lift the lid ;) As for...
  4. Close up of tank

Close up of tank

110 gallon tank and stand given to us a week ago by a friend who was upgrading to a larger tank. We hope to get things set up this weekend so we can add water.
  5. Our first tank

Our first tank

110 gallon tank and stand given to us a week ago by a friend who was upgrading to a larger tank. We hope to get things set up this weekend so we can add water.
  6. D

New to SWF

My husband and I were recently given a 110 gallon custom tank by a friend who moved up to a 250 gallon. Right now it's sitting empty in our living room. We're lucky that we have a top SWF store a half an hour away from our house. They're working on designing a filter system to fit in the base...