Search results

1. Joseriv047

id asap please

I caught about 20 of those little guys in Key Biscayne Beach in Florida over the summer. I placed them in my tank, they are obnivorous. Mines eat meat and algae. They rarely bother anything. I placed a Florida clam in the tank earlier in the week and they were all over it, the clam stayed closed...
  2. Joseriv047

Questions about Anglerfish.

I had a straighted frogfish (I think the same family) and he ignored everything except fishes. The hermit crabs and even some small crabs walked right by him and he never flinched. He did however make meals of fish up to twice his size. He will eat any fish that fits in his mouth. Hope...
  3. Joseriv047

Woman fries and eats pet goldfish after fight with ex-husband

FUNNY!!! I sell seafood for a living...FYI goldfish are in the Carp family and they are delicious.
  4. Joseriv047

New Additions

Its in North Miami Florida about 10 miles north of South Beach. Those zoa's are all over the place on the beach in the shallows by the marina. How much did you pay for the small patch in the first picture?
  5. Joseriv047

New Additions

I picked up a rock in Haullover Beach (Florida) that had the same zoa's as the first picture. They change from a baby blue center to neon green at diffrent times. I don't know their name but they spread quickly! 4 heads turned into 15 heads in about 2 months.
  6. Joseriv047

Clown Question

I'd like to add a question here about clowns. Is the Black Ocellaris and the regular (white and orange) Ocellaris Clown considered the same species??? Sorry if this is a dumb question...still learning.
  7. Joseriv047

What fish to get?

I would suggest the Midas Blenny, they are so graceful swimmers. LFS had one on display and he looked like he was dancing through the water. Also read a thread here a couple of days ago on the BSJF and seems they are hard to keep. Let us know what you finally get. Good luck!!!
  8. Joseriv047

How long have you been in the hobby

Looks like I'm the rookie here 7 months (Jan 2009)...
  9. Joseriv047

Hi Everyone

Welcome...
  10. Joseriv047

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

I had ICH in my tank a few weeks ago and used Kordons ICH*Attack. My anemone, serpent, snails and crabs faired well through the process and the ICH is gone. Took 2 bottles and I had to remove the carbon and turn of the skimmer. I know most people say it doesn't work, but all I know is my ICH...
  11. Joseriv047

Frogfish question????

I can find no other expanation...thanks for replying Sara
  12. Joseriv047

Hello RS

Welcome to RS...
  13. Joseriv047

Frogfish question????

I caught a Striated Frogfish in Miami Beach last weekend along with 2 Molly Miller Blennys. They have been in my tank for about 3 days. This morning I was doing my usual rounds making sure everything was okay, but I noticed that both Blennys and 1 yellowtail Damsel were MIA. I waited a while and...
  14. Joseriv047

My Clown has a red spot/pimple

My clown developed the same red bump. It started right after an ICK infection that took me a month to clear up with ICK ATTACK. I noticed a white spot under his lip, now (2 weeks later) it looks just like the picture of your clown. Did you ever find out what it was? Did your clown recover...
  15. Joseriv047

Hello everybody!!

New member to your site...I think it’s a great site, lots of useful info. Just started in the hobby and I'm hooked!!!