Search results

1. K

Anyone sell zoa frags?

That are near the manteca/stockton area? I cant afford to buy from websites because it seems the zoas are expensive by themselves but on top of that the shipping kills me :/ with a wife and 4 kids i just cant afford it and the LFS's dont have more than 2 kids that I already have ...
  2. K

Seting up a 14 gallon biocube

sorry you guys its been hectic here with the 4 kids and work... ive had a gall bladder infection the past week. im good to go now though. im working on a way to upload the photos... i only have an iphone and the video isnt clear. But as an update... ive yet to see what I thought was a...
  3. K

searching for a way to upload them :/ my comp doesnt have an SD card reader! bleh. Ill figure something out.
  4. K

Is there a chance my clowns will eat him? Or if they did would it hurt them? even as a baby?
  5. K

I have what resembles, a baby jelly fish in my tank. it is about 1/8 - 1/4 in in size. so its a baby if anything. Im going to post some pics in a bit when my phone charges. I just noticed it floating around in my tank exactly like a jelly fish would. Now I have in the past 2 months bought some...
  6. K

Nano Suggestion

have you tried simply turning it and bouncing it off the wall and surface of the water?
  7. K

Suggestions for a Good Nano Cube

29 biocube is great. i have a 14 currently. going to also upgrade to a 29 and keep my 14 as a secondary reef. this hobby is addicting and expensive :P
  8. K

My new toadstool coral bending over and probably dyeing

you say you bought it a month ago? did the LFS/store you got it from also have the type of lighting that you do? what are your water parameters? is your other livestock acting normal? feeding right? any of them look stressed or off color? did you recently change anything? dose too much of...
  9. K

the iphone is a 4. its my work phone, wife and I don't have our own cell phones because my work pays for it so I use it.... saves me a bill. once we get our house then we'll see if we cant fit that in. But I would like a HD camcorder that can really capture what my reef looks like.
  10. K

The ph seems to be consistently low. not sure why exactly. I do know my apartment only has 1 window in each room and the balcony but because of the kids they are closed almost all day until they are in bed because we live on the 2nd floor. Corals all look good. Was playing with the idea of...
  11. K

sorry about the camera, its just an iphone camera :/ one day when i have some extra money i'll by a camcorder
  12. K

I did some tests and found out that my magnesium was at 975!? Since then, I have corrected that and I'm waiting for my levels to balance out. Ph was a bit low and my calc/alk was high. These were my numbers when i found it: Ph 7.6!!! SG 1.023 Calc 525 Alk 15 Phosphate 0 Nitrate 0...
  13. K

My New Nano

looks good now you got all your corals on the top shelf, put more around the base :P
  14. K

Hammer Coral with 2 sexy shrimp Zoa Frag, Montipora, Torch Coral They look close.. so I'll be moving that monti to another part of the tank Acan started with 3 heads. In a few months I'm at about 9 heads. Love this coral Galaxy Coral... looks awesome! Going to remove it from...
  15. K

mine are doing fine. the six line never bugged them. while im here... small update I lost my candycanes :( I didn't notice when I bought it that it kinda look torn between the two heads and it bleached from there to he and died. I dosed my tank for flat worms and was amazed at how...
  16. K

Clown fish and duncan

Clown seem to swim around and maybe trying to host my Duncan. It doesn't fully extend anymore :/ All levels are fine. Anyone else with this issue? Any recommendations?
  17. K

Sump?

nice!
  18. K

Oh and the clown is really bugging my Duncan :( he only comes out sometimes. I think he is trying to host it, and Duncan isn't liking it at all. I got 2 small sexy shrimp that are hosting my hammer. They are awesome!
  19. K

Small update. I ordered some cree LEDs and they did come in. But I forgot to order some thermal adhesive :/ as all the spots for LED's are used and there are no more tapped holes for me to use. So I'm going to just use some thermal adhesive. Will post in a few days once I get this done. I'm...
  20. K

don't worry about the PH during your cycle. It will regulate after the cycle. Are you running a refugium like I am? Make sure you have your refugium and your main display on different light timers to help regulate a PH swing. How much live rock and how much sand do you have? Are you running...