Search results

1. wm23oh

The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs Worldwide

Re: The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs World Before long they will be wanting to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide before it kills again. It's amazing how something can be... twisted to read what you want. James
  2. wm23oh

My 29 gallon tank.

I tried to give the Bergdailia's I had in my tank away before they all died sadly it seams it was a fatal attempt. Finding them was near impossible. A real bad algae outbreak has occurred since the death of them. I lost all of my hard corals due to my lighting not being switched out in...
  3. wm23oh

Berghia Nudibranch aiptasia eaters 4 sale

Sorry they are now gone. Thanks for the interest.
  4. wm23oh

OT: A call to action. Your help is needed!

OT: Help us ban this dangerous stuff! With the Oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico it's easy to forget about other major issues that need to be addressed. Please read this and follow the links below and show your support and by sharing this information with others. You should note that more...
  5. wm23oh

Located in Delaware, Ohio. Sorry for any confusion.
  6. wm23oh

I have several Berghia Nudibranchs that have eaten my tank clean of aiptasia that need a new home. I believe their are at least 10. I would like to get $5 each. If interested and local to me (within a county or so of Delaware) I may be willing to deliver at no extra charge just to make...
  7. wm23oh

125 Gallon +X-tras 4 sale in Ohio.

I have a 125 gallon All Glass Aquarium 5 years old, and pine stand for sale. It comes with: 2X Eheim Classic 2215's with all plumbing. 1X 25 watt twist UV with an extra NEW bulb. 1X full set of Glass covers to keep them fish in the tank. 400 W Titanium heater with outside...
  8. wm23oh

Is my RBTA sick, or just lonely?

They claim talking to plants can make them grow bigger. Who knows? Anyhow good luck and keep up the good work. James
  9. wm23oh

Final Stocking List for 29 gallon FOWLR

Each rule has it's ups and downs. My personal rule of thumb is 10 gallons per fish 3" and under and 20 gallons per 5" and under and these rules are my MINIMUM. Mind you I have 1 goldfish in a 48 gallon tank all by himself and feel it's not enough room sometimes. Personally IMO again you are...
  10. wm23oh

Aquascaping

As long as it's the stand that came with the tank it should be OK. Aquascaping is one of those things that everyone has their own idea on. Do what YOU like or you will end up changing it later anyway. Looking at reef chronicles on here may also give you some ideas if that's what you need...
  11. wm23oh

Selling My Whole 40 Gal Reef!!!!

Sorry you are leaving. You may want to put it on craigslist too since it is local and CAFE forum CAFE - Columbus Area Fish Enthusiasts . Best wishes, James
  12. wm23oh

Weird BTA

I'm sorry for your loss and as much as I know I'm going to get beat up for this it looked light starved. The tentacles were short, stubbly, and far between. What kind of lighting did you have over her? If it was the standard lighting on that tank or that PC lighting I saw you have it wasn't...
  13. wm23oh

Too shy for it's own good!

My un-educated guess since no information was provided on tank or any real information provided on lighting is poor water quality and not enough of the correct lighting. Yup that will get ya mad. The reality of the situation is if you want real help provide real information. Otherwise you...
  14. wm23oh

Sorry didn't realize you would think QUIT. I meant stop while everything is stable like GrendelPrime said. You can't imagine if something goes wrong how quickly everything goes wrong at once. Have patience Grasshopper. :nekid:
  15. wm23oh

Quit while you are ahead and haven't lost any fish. James
  16. wm23oh

29 gallon FOWLR Tank mates

I think that's what the other poster was getting at when you want to add another fish to an already fully stocked if not overstocked tank IMO. James
  17. wm23oh

Personally IMO I think the following is more than enough fish. I wouldn't go for anymore than this. Two Tomato Clownfish (Pair)- 11 inches Watchman Goby- 3 inches Each tank is unique but IMO I would stop there if you want the clownfish. James
  18. wm23oh

Pods eating anemone

I have little to no experience with LEDs and do not suggest my opinion is better than yours. However this is my opinion on LEDs. The new LEDs offer new hope but is still a new technology. Just like PCs offered a new way to save money and have corals live under them LEDs are no different...
  19. wm23oh

Orange Ball/Straberry Anemone FREE Local only.

I have an Orange Ball/Strawberry Anemone about the size of a penny. If you live locally in Ohio and can pick it up in Delaware 43015 PM me. Its your for free. I will be destroying it in a few days if I get no takers. It is a unique critter but it's just not what I want in my tank...
  20. wm23oh

My 29 gallon tank.

I've got babies! Yup little baby Bergdailia's. Eventually (I hope) to sell them locally and get my money back but for now I just hope they follow in there parents foot steps and eat Aiptasia. God knows there is still plenty of them in my tank. I also noticed another Orange Ball Anemone in...