Search results

1. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

What do you think this is? Majano? :guns: Does the lemon/lime injection work? Aiptasia-X (or is that only for aiptasia)? OR - is it not Majano?:fingerx: It looks like it is stinging the two mushroom coral bits closest to it...:cursin:
  2. Xenomorph25

Cleaner Shrimp Curiosity

One of my cleaner shrimp suddenly has drastically short antennae. Is this possibly caused by molting?
  3. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

I guess I'll start at the beginning. I've wanted a reef for years... since before my first freshie tank, through elementary school, all the way into college. I had a fish tank with an assortment of cool fish, (Dragonfish, Guarami, Cichlid (the kind that wasn't violent...)etc.) I then...
  4. Xenomorph25

Skimmer box question...

I've got a skimmer box that is supposed to feed (via gravity) my sump. It came with a U tube, and a much smaller rubber tube. The LFS guy said that you use the small tube to start the siphon. But, how do I make the U tube Siphon? I haven't been able to get it going... : ( What I...
  5. Xenomorph25

Peppermint vs. Dottyback?

Has anyone ever had an aggressive peppermint shrimp? I'm wondering whether or not my peppermint shrimp killed my dottyback, or whether he was just pulling him apart because the dotty died during the night... Anyone have a similar experience? My dotty was just fine (seemingly), next...
  6. Xenomorph25

Dottyback death

I had a lovely bright purple dottyback that up and died. I thought I saw it oddly trying to get one of my shrimp to clean it, turns out the shrimp was peeling and eating him... :waa: Sad day...
  7. Xenomorph25

Pump/ Sump Recommendation Request

Hey Guys... I've got a 60gal tank and plan on eventually putting some reef life in there... What kind of pump should I have? I currently have a Fluval that can cycle 75gal but, I was wondering if there were anything more suited for reef life. I also do not yet have a sump and was...
  8. Xenomorph25

Coral Beauty Behavior

I have recently purchased a Coral Beauty and it is doing well in the tank. It has taken over a nice hiding spot in the Live Rock, but swims around the tank acting peculiar toward my invertebrates... My shrimp and Emerald Crabs. Description: It swims up really close to a crab, turns...
  9. Xenomorph25

Condy with Porcelain Crab...

I've noticed several people in other threads mentioning feeding their Nems... Do you hand feed a Condy as well? If I've got a porcelain crab living with the Anemone, do I need to feed the anemone, or will the crab's waste suffice? I use a microscopic feed daily, along with the flakes...
  10. Xenomorph25

Meet and Grrrreat!!

I just stumbled upon this website while looking for information about various parts of salt water aquaria and am quite happy with what I've found! :bouncer: I'm in the beginning stages of my tank and look forward to eventually creating a nice reef environment.