Search results

1. G

suggestions for cleaning equipment for storage

I am breaking down my 90 gallon and it is a nasty mess of nastiness!!! I was wondering if there is a chemical such as Simple Green or something similar that anyone has experience with. I want to clean the skimmmer back to square one, but the inside is real, real slimey with a bunch of hard...
  2. G

"ASM" 250gall skimmer bolingbrook il

Selling this skimmer as I am breaking down a 90 gallon> comes with the sedra 5000 that came with the skimmer. come by and watch it work before you purchase. 150 obo. entire overflow tank with stand, canopy and plumbing to the sump, the sump, etc. Also looking to sell everything else...
  3. G

parting out 90, Bolingbrook Il. come and get it

Starting with livestock: one large yellow tang, one giant green chromis, one large flame angel, one large kole tang, one huge maroon clown. approx. 60 lbs of coraline and coral covered live rock. light fixture, tunze, skimmer to follow... tank and stand if anyone is interested. Not...
  4. G

Chicago sw burbs 90 gallon, fish coral all go

Bolingbrook, asking $2500 for everything. Metal halide fixture, asm skimmer, fish, corals, 80lbs. live rock, plumbed to basement. Just bore a hole in your living room floor and within one day you have a healthy vibrant reef tank that is plumbed to your basement. email me for long description...
  5. G

90 gallon complete setup for sale in Bolingbrook

I mean complete. I have it plumbed from my living room to the basement, and all of that goes with it too. Asking $2750.00 for everything. Email me if you want a list of everything that I have or pics. timgauen1@comcast.net
  6. G

anti-siphon help

Ok- I am adding a much bigger pump from my basement to my display tank which is in my living room directly above. I have redone the current outlets into my tank, staggering them at much different levels. My concern is that if I have a power outage, the return that i have within three inches of...
  7. G

xenia=damsels

When I setup my first tank, I of course, started with damsels. They were the cheapest, had good appearance and were hardy! Now, I know better than to ever add one to my tank. When I started to get the coral "bug", I heard that pulsing xenia was cheap, had a cool appearance and was hardy...
  8. G

Live Rock- the amount or the flow

I was wondering if I took 40lbs or so of live rock from my main display and put it into my sump if my filtration would change. The display obviously has alot of flow, and my sump has barely any. So if I need more flow in my sump to make the live rock "work" better, wouldn't it stand to reason...
  9. G

180 circulation advice

was wondering if any 180 owners could share with me what circulation methods they have used to get thier desired flow. I am going to be purchasing one in the next few days and want to make sure I get the right amount of holes drilled into the tank. Thanks.
  10. G

I am getting the upgrade bug...

because of my job, I have about 8 weeks off in the winter and I am down to my last three weeks and have had my vacations, and completed all of my winter projects.... uh,oh. Now I have my eye on a 220g rr at my lfs. right now I have a 90, that is going very, very ,very smoothly. (knock, knock)...
  11. G

Upgrade 90g To 200g Same H20 No Cycle?

I am planning to upgrade to a 200 from my 90. I was just wondering if it is just a matter of moving everything from the smaller tank to the new one and then adding 110 gallons of new water, or is this a recipe for disaster? If I go bb, then what would start the cycle, or will there even be...
  12. G

looking for marine art photos for wall

Just painted my aquarium room a bright blue and put in some crown molding up top and got 2 navy blue leather chairs. I am now looking for some rather large photographs, almost poster size, if you will of corals and marine creatures. Wonder if anyone knows of a website or anywhere near chicago...
  13. G

cyno bac. from lights?

Where to start. The tank has been up and running for about 8 mos. now and was smooth as silk getting it here. (I learned from my 55 3 years ago) I have metal halide lights and was noticing that one side was darker than the other. This was about 3 weeks ago and finally called the maker and...
  14. G

signs of lights getting old?

One side of my tank appears to be getting darker than the other side. I have two four foot 250w halides with two 55w actinics supplementing. My tank is about 6 mos old and has beengoing great for about four months now. Within the last week I thought I noticed the left side getting darker and...
  15. G

African Red Star half out of water...

Just got him two days ago and boy is he cool looking. I didn't do much research ahead of time, figuring if he was trouble, I could get him out without a problem. I have a ring of algae that sits around the lip of the tank, and he is all the way up on the glass with two of his legs sticking...
  16. G

my lawnmower needs some food

I got the lawnmower blenny when my tank was first starting up and I had a ton of hair algae and the like for him to eat. Between him, my Kole and my Yellow Tang, they did the job. Now, all of my algae is gone and I am wondering what everyone feeds one of these guys when he's out of natural...
  17. G

clam has buried itself

Is this common? I have a southdown sand base and the clam is about one week old. It is not completely buried, just so that you cannot see the "shell" part, just the purple part. for what I paid, I want to see the whole thing! Should I pull it out and set it on the sand? Should I put it on...
  18. G

metal halide question.

I bought my metal halides from Hamilton and they came enclosed in a metal canopy with a sheet of plexiglass to protect the bulbs from the water. This canopy doesn't have any indications that it was made to hang above the tank. I have them sitting directly on top of the tank. I have no heat...
  19. G

co2 for korralin reactor where to buy?

I read that I should go to a welding supply store for co2 tank, but I don't know what to get, how big and all of that. I cannot find that information out in any literature. Also, for anyone else running this, do you just have the water fed into it using the gravity way, or did you set up a...
  20. G

ok, is it good or bad... came on live rock...

It looks like a flower of sorts and I have yanked out many already, as they are growing better than my new leathers... thought that this might be a hint that it isn't good. any thoughts?