Search results

1. J

WTB: Sicce Skimmer pump for RSM 250

Anyone have one that they're looking to get rid of after upgrading? Please PM me.
  2. J

WTB RSM250 Stock Sicce Skimmer Pump

Anyone upgrade their skimmer and have a spare sicce skimmer pump laying around?
  3. J

pump impeller problems

Yep, I also just asked about the sicce pump since my skimmer pump is broken too and they said they will only send me another original hydro skimmer pump. Hopefully I have better luck with this next one than the last one.... your experience however doesn't make it sound too promising. We'll see..
  4. J

Noise, high temp, now BROKEN skimmer pump - RSM will not replace with new sicce pump

I bought my RSM250 last March and have always had the problem with noise and high temp so I didn't used it for most of this year. Recently we started using the skimmer (waste of money not to right?) and it stopped working. I have contacted RSM and Pinky said that they currently only carry the...
  5. J

Bleached open brain

I acquired a small bleached brain 4 months ago. It was recessed most of the time, but still alive. It has a lot more color now than it had when i first got it. Also, it recently now gives out feeder tentacles at night which I thought I'd never see. Put it in a shaded if you have strong lights...
  6. J

Pump for Aqua Euro 1/10 HP Chiller

Hi, I recently purchased the AquaEuro 1/10 chiller, but I forgot to order a pump with it... On their site it says it's 420-720 GPH. I have some pumps laying around and was wondering if its okay to use any of these.. Rio 800 - 271 GPH Rio 2500 - 782 GPH MaxiJet 900 - 230 GPH
  7. J

Want to buy an RSM 250

Overall we're happy with our purchase. One downside for us is how heavy it is... it's going to be a pia when we have to move.... Our cabinet matches, lid closes shut. Skimmer hasn't given us any problems, but we haven't turned it on lately because the tank gets too hot. So the big problem...
  8. J

RSM250 Loud Hinge Noise when opening

Hm guess mines just louder than everyone else's because it's almost painful to open the tank..... or maybe once I start using the skimmer again the noise of the skimmer will help drown it out. =P (currently not running the skimmer because it causes the tank to heat up too much.)
  9. J

RSM250 Loud Hinge Noise when opening

Hopefully I'm not alone on this, but does everyone else's hood make a loud noise every time lift to feed their fish? It's painfully loud. I've tried raising the lid slowly and i just makes the sound last longer.. Has anyone done anything to quiet this down?
  10. J

Tunze Osmolator in a RSM250

Just got my ATO system. Anyone install the tunze osmolator in the RSM250 yet? I'm going to try to do it tonight and wanted to know where other people put the water level sensor.
  11. J

Trach Brain

I've noticed that my trach started looking really bad when my alkalinity was low, but my lobo was fine. Maybe trach's are more sensitive to alkalinity. I hope yours is looking better now.
  12. J

Upgrading to RSM250 - BTA question

We are upgrading/combining our 2 smaller tanks to the RSM250. :olsmile: I've noticed some people move everything over right away while others cycle the new tank first. Currently our plan is to cycle it for a month or so and then move everything over. We put in new sand and have moved some of...