Search results

1. WaiWiliki

150g Cube

Getting ready to start a new tank and would like to know if anyone has any experience with a 150g cube 36x36x27. My former tank was a 92g corner tank which has quite a bit of limitations but the depth is what caught my eye. Things that I'm concerned about: 1 overflow, deadspots, and space...
  2. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Final update on this tank. We are moving so we have dismantled the tank. All the inhabitants now have a new forever home. Looking forward to plan our new tank once our house is built. Most likely won't be a curved glass tank of any kind. Ran across the Red Sea tanks today and they look...
  3. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Thanks for the push Greg..... I was thinking the same thing.
  4. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Just a few days since my last entry..... Tank seems to be collecting hair algae and slime so I replaced my powerheads as the coraline algea completely closed up the intake grates. Now it looks like I need to replace my mag drive as one of the sides has swelled out and probably will die...
  5. WaiWiliki

Pumps for ASM skimmer

The first time I replaced the pump it was due to the motor being overheated. The whole housing was covered in little dimples. This time it is hanging up so maybe I will try a replacement impeller. I guess if it doesn't work then at least I'll have a replacement impeller for my new pump...
  6. WaiWiliki

Mag Pump Parts

New parts are installed.... just hope the forward mount holds. Maybe the new impeller will do the trick! Thanks again.
  7. WaiWiliki

Mag Pump Parts

I don't have a schedule for when I clean it, but its never more than just a couple swipes of a toothbrush. Maybe I will try a new impeller but I'm sure the motor is fine unless it overheats. I had that problem on my skimmer one time as the housing became all dimpled. (sedra 3500) Thanks for...
  8. WaiWiliki

Pumps for ASM skimmer

Anyone ever replace their sedra pump for something else on their ASM Skimmer? I have a ASM-G2 and it looks like I need to replace the entire pump for a second time.
  9. WaiWiliki

Mag Pump Parts

Hey guys (& gals) I'm using a mag12 as a internal sump pump. After 5 years of service the pump became extremely noisy. Upon inspection the forward mount was totally broken and I replaced the front cover and everything was fine. Two weeks later the mount is broken again. Is it worth it to...
  10. WaiWiliki

Need ID for critters on mushrooms

Great! well not really, but thanks for the info!
  11. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Thanks! You're not kidding! The last picture was after my former light died and I added the T5's. I used to clean the back walls but I'm almost on a cleaning strike until my next tank. I love the curved front glass but its a pain to clean if you're not on a good routine.
  12. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Here is the updated full tank shot as of today. Out of all the new additions I think my favorite addition is my Nikkon D3100. Now I can take high resolution crappy shots! I need to get a site to put high res pictures on so I can link them to here. I"ll have to take some close ups one I clean...
  13. WaiWiliki

Need ID for critters on mushrooms

Hi gang! I've noticed these white spots on my mushrooms lately and I'm not quite sure what they are. They are slimy, flat, and they move if prodded. They don't seem to be bothering the mushroom either. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
  14. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Wow... The site has totally changed since I've been here last. Tank is doing well. I have since acquired more goodies and also got to do some more rockscaping for the new additions. I wanted to post a picture but a little cleaning today it became a small dust storm. One thing I have...
  15. WaiWiliki

Need help to ID a red algae?

In the past few months it has grown to look like a small rose petal. To the touch you can notice that its thick, tough, and quite slippery. I'll have to get a better picture today.
  16. WaiWiliki

Need help to ID a red algae?

I'm not sure.... I looked at what popped up in Google images and I couldn't put my finger any of those pictures. maybe i can get a better angle of it.
  17. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks... I love this corner tank but its hard to easily clean the front glass. I've accumulated many scratches over the years. 1reefer - I'm not in hawaii but I would if it weren't so isolated. Actually, I'm a FL boy. tangerine - i thought the gsp was pretty plain until...
  18. WaiWiliki

My Tank at Home...

Wow...:drooool:
  19. WaiWiliki

Wai's 92gal (corner)

I got to borrow my friend's camera tonight. I got alot of pictures but need more practice.
  20. 92gal 20100629

92gal 20100629