Search results

1. M

Bill HR 669

This bill threatens not only just about every hobbiest here, but also just about every business represented here. Please pass this on and do what you can to make sure this bill is not passed. YouTube - Pets in Peril (politicians gone wild) HR669 Anne
  2. M

Skimmer--which one?

I finally settled on the Deltec HOT one. Thanks to everybody who helped out by putting their 2 cents worth. Sorry for dropping out of sight, but 2 treatments of chemiclean in the main tank this week has had my hands pretty full. Not to mention that it is time to do a massive macro purge...
  3. M

Skimmer--which one?

Well, after reviewing things with DH (dear hubby), here are my inclinations put in order of which one I would go with. Deltec Octopus Remora The Deltec looks like it would be easier to clean the body of the skimmer as well. In the 4-5 years that I have been doing this (saltwater), all I...
  4. M

Skimmer--which one?

Ok, just don't think I have the room for an intank skimmer. OK, wanted to get a WM HX2, problem is that it was $300 :( . I guess the question is what is the major difference between needle wheel and other pumps? I know that a maxijet is a magnetic pump, but is it a needle wheel? man, I...
  5. M

Fuzzy Phytes

Our local stores do carry their products, just cannot get their hands on the Fuzzy Phytes, hence me turning to the boards for help. Anne
  6. M

Fuzzy Phytes

I have checked with them, unfortunately it looks like they ship only within Canada. I have emailed them an inquiry about it. If you find another source, please let me know. Thanks Anne
  7. M

Fuzzy Phytes

Do any of the online stores have Reef Nutrition's Fuzzy Phytes in stock? I have been wanting to try this product for months and have not been able to get my hands on any. I have some fish that have some pretty small mouths, so I think this product (along with the various types of flakes that I...
  8. M

Skimmer--which one?

In relation to the size of a bac pack skimmer, how big is it? Anne
  9. M

Skimmer--which one?

That type of thing would be great if I had the extra room in the room of the house where the tank is. Due to overall space issues, I am restricted to a HOT skimmer. Anne
  10. M

Skimmer--which one?

I have a 40 gallon breeder tank that is currently a frag/prop tank. It is currently running with a CPR knock off skimmer (second hand). This skimmer is not working so well (duh!!!). Looking at buying a new skimmer only question is which one? I currently use a CPR on our main tank, so I was...
  11. M

zoos

Ok, so I am doing some research on my own here. I am trying to get an idea to set up another tank for myself. It would be another nano. My question is what zoos are hot and popular these days? Thanks for any ideas.
  12. M

Dry Goods F/S

Is the Viper still available, I may have a buyer for it. Anne
  13. M

Dry Goods F/S

How much for the Viper clamp on? Anne
  14. M

Thanks Re: 1,2,3...Yikes!

Thanks for letting us know how the wee ones are getting along. Anne
  15. M

Stars ! 1,2,3, 10, Yikes!

Below is an article explaining the current change and thoughts regarding these stars. Starfish: Considerations for the Common (and Commonly Misunderstood) Varieties by Anthony Calfo - Reefkeeping.com Anne
  16. M

Light acclimation?

BigAl, will likely be about a month and a half. Can't get the lights till the middle of June. DocHank, another reason for the way we are going is because of my fibromyalgia. Makes it very hard at times to do much--even water changes. By using a crank, it should make it a little easier to...
  17. M

Light acclimation?

Big Al, thank you for posting this. I was also concerned as by the end of this month I will be almost doubling my light wattage. I have chosen to solve the acclimation process by building a light cradle controlled by a hand crank of some sorts. This not only solves the acclimation process...
  18. M

Stars ! 1,2,3, 10, Yikes!

These stars will not hurt much unless you are running a very nutrition starved reef (super clean)--in that case they will turn and eat the corals. Most of the time these little buggers are very useful as they can get down into the many crevices and cracks that the snails and hermits cannot get...
  19. M

plate coral question

The only problem---so far thank goodness, knock on wood---has been when I left food on it over night and through the next day. Rotted off more than a quarter of the flesh. Had a devil of a time keeping it alive at the time. Then took it to a local reefer to keep in his tank while we went out...
  20. M

tiny starfish? i dunno

If you ever want to thin them out a bit, sure would love to have some. Anne