Search results

1. Y

Please ID

Found this at the back if tank, I have had this rock for 4-5 years so no idea where it came from
  2. Y

RSM 500 LED's

Hi Guys, Thinking its about time I converted the RSM500 over to LED's. Haven't been on this site for awhile so whats the way to go with LEDS on our RSM S series tanks? I really don't want to get into a do it your self rewire the existing light system so was thinking about removing the entire...
  3. Y

Auto Feeder RSM S series owners

Hi guys/gals I am looking for a auto feeder that will fit on the S series tanks, anyone using one that works. I have a eheim one that I used on the 250 but it won't fit on 500S due to the lights to low over the water. Any ideas?
  4. Y

Visiting San Diego

Hi visiting San Diego and would like to go to a good Reef Supply store here any suggestions ? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. Y

JP's RSM 500

First off hello again everyone...... Got my RSM 500 about a week ago, its one beautiful constructed tank. I would like to thank REd Sea Kev for helping out and getting me info on getting this aquarium here in Canada!!! thanks Kev! Now this is my Third RSM tank, started with the 130 then the...
  6. Y

Red Sea Reef Care

Well my RSM should arrive next week and so I am once again trying to decide on the way to go for Phosphate, Nitrate etc control. I just got my first look at the Red Sea Reef Program and at first glance I was impressed. What I am wondering is how others out there are finding it? I was thinking...
  7. Y

Zeovit or Bio Pellets?

Help needed Finally have my new tank coming, RedSea S 500(liter) I want to do this right so looking for advise. I was initially planning on a Zeovit system but have since started to think there may be another method like Bio Pellets and say a Phosphate Reactor system. The Zeovit System seems...
  8. Y

RSM S Series on Zeo

Hi guys Now that my RSM 500 is ordered I am getting ready for the setup and have planned to run Zeo on this tank. Anyone else out there set up the S Series tanks on Zeovit? Don't really for see any problems? as far as I can see the Reactor will fit nicely in the sump ..... The Zeovit System...
  9. Y

Undecided

Ok just got word we can finally order a S series Red Sea Tank in Canada ( thanks for your help Kevin!) Now I am still undecided on what size and color to get? I am leaning towards the 500 series in Black. But I am wondering whether to spend a bit more and get the 650? I am moving up from the...
  10. Y

Snail ? Good or Bad

Just a photo from my IPhone ... Any idea if these guys are good or bad? I have several that have spread now in my mixed reef. Thx for any info
  11. Y

Algae? or What?

I have this spreading on my live rock and its rather slow growing but starting to concern me....... any idea what it is? I am thinking some kind of algae? What I am looking it is on the RightHand side of the rock
  12. Y

Rsm500???

Hey I am really running out of room in my 250 and I love the Red Sea Tanks, has anyone heard anything about Red Sea building a bigger Tank ie RSM500??? if not I am thinking of maybe Elos??? or any other ideas out there? I must say I really like the cosmetics of the Red Sea and the rounded...
  13. Y

250 Number 1 Pump Replacement

Hi, just thought I would pass on what I have found out regarding a replacement pump for the #1 sump pump on the 250. The Stock pump is a hydor specifically made for Red Sea, now I had it fail last week (broken impeller) so shopping for a replacement till I get a new impeller I found the Hydor...
  14. Y

Broken 250 Impeller

Hi Guys, My #1 Pump on my 250 quit, I am not at home (go-figure 2000 miles away :() but my wife has pulled the pump out and says she thinks its the impeller as she sees a broken piece, also she says the pump is powered ie making noise........so i will contact pinky on Monday for a new impeller...
  15. Y

Tank Video

My 1st attempt so tell me what you think! YouTube - RSM 250 hopfully this link will work?
  16. Y

SPS Growth in a 250

Here is a side by side picture of the same SPS coral from Oct 10 to today Nov 17, so approximately 6 weeks. Not bad growth hey! (stock lights)
  17. Y

RBTA takes a tour of my 250

Here is a picture of my RBTA after he latched onto a Mexican Turbo he started on the bottom and this was 1/3 of the way up the tank, didn't seem to bother the Turbo, but I thought it was best to remove him and put him back. To bad he wasn't inflated would have been a better picture :)
  18. Y

Tunze Osmolator in a RSM 250

Hi, just looking for info on installing the Tunze Osmolator in the 250. I picked one up last week, and after reading other posts I am thinking of installing it in the right hand small pump chamber? From what I have seen this seems to have enough room and since I am not running a chiller that...
  19. Y

Got my Mantis

spotted my hitchhiker Mantis Shrimp in a piece of rock, I quickly crabed that piece of rock and isolated it in a empty tank. Now I would turf the rock to get rid of the Mantis but it has lps corals on it so any suggestions how to get him out? I have heard of using club soda? But if it works to...
  20. Y

Potassium

Just did a Kalium ( Potassium) Test by Korallen-zucht and got a reading? (hardest test strip to read ever) of 250? do any of you guys dose Potassium? I am using Reef Crystals Salt and I believe it is low in Potassium any thought or ideas?