Search results

1. P

SPS with Stock Lighting, is it possible ?

Hiya I have had my RSM 130 for just over 3 years now In my early days I had some Standard Orange Monti and a Hysterix and they both grew very very well Now, 3 years down the line, the Orange Monti Still does well, but any other SPS struggles and dies including both Hysterix and other...
  2. P

Do I start again ?

I have had my RSM 130 for 3 years now and on the whole, had a fairly decent time of it Had the usual Issues with Algaes and bits of equipment failing including pumps. Of late though, I have become a little dis-heartened with how things have been going. The tank is full of Xenia, which...
  3. P

MP10 Suitable Modes in RSM130

Now I have my MP10 workign okay, I need to decide on the best mode I like the sound of EcoSmart Nutrient Travel Mode or whatever its called, but reading the full manual I get the impression i need more than one MP10 for this to work properly ?? So with a tank with most softies, what in...
  4. P

Vortech MP10 on RSM 130, Soooo Dissapointed !!

I have literally just added my MP10 and so far, am Gutted !!!!! After this, you will probably think I don;t deserve to have such a good bit of equipment, but so far I would get more flow from a £20 Power head !!!!! I have tried 2 positions so far, right side and left side appx 4" from top...
  5. P

Vortech MP10 or MP20 ?

Hiya looking at buying a new powerhead and think I will go for the Vortech. Is the MP10 powerful enough for a RSM 130 or should I look into the MP20 ? Now if I go for the MP20, that puts me in the same price bracket as the Tunze 6055 with Controller, would that be a better option ...
  6. P

Shall I get a new Skimmer ?

I have the original 130 Skimmer but the pump has now gone. So, do i just get a new pump or do i look for an alternative. As this is my first tank, i dont know a good skimmer from a bad one. All I know is that the Red Sea skimmer gets mixed reviews. I am in the UK, so maybe my choices...
  7. P

Re-Scapng, Questions !!

Hiya All This weekend I will be doing a re-scape of my tank Lately I have lost a couple of corals and I don't know why, one was a Green Trumpet Coral and the other is my 2 year old Hammer coral which has grown great but all of a sudden it has died. No sign of brown Jelly and water seems...
  8. P

Red Starfish in a Max ?

Hiya My Max has been running 1.5 Years now, so I would say fairly established. With that in mind, would buying a Red Starfish (Don't know exact name) or do they require bigger tanks ? I have seen on here that people have them in their tanks but wasnt sure if it was a good idea or not ...
  9. P

Coraline Algae in corners of tank, how to get rid ?

Hiya You probably all have the same issue, Coraline Algae in the round corners of the tank Question is, how do you get rid of it ?? I have a scrapper for the easy to get to stuff, but the corners are hard. Any ideas please ?
  10. P

Wilko's RSM

Hi All New here Never kept a fish in my life, but Jan 2008, thought, why not and went the easyish option and got myself an RSM This is it during the Cycle After a while the dreaded hair algae kicked in. I also added 2 Clowns and a Torch Coral A while later, added a...
  11. P

How long B4 I get a new Pistol Shrimp ?

Hi I have had my RSM for 1 year now, had its ups and downs. Latest Down is that my Pistol Shrimp has gone missing. Appx 1 week now since I last heard or saw it. You can guarantee I would hear and see it regularly especially when the click of the food door was opened !! Lately, there has...
  12. P

Embarresed to say

That i did not know this place existed !!!! Anyway, I am here now UK Based Red Sea Max Owner and been keeping Marines for 1 year so far and loving it although Hard work at times. Nice to be here Paul