Search results

1. A

Looking to buy a RSM 130D

I'm not sure whats going on. I didn't do a water change today. It was at 7.9 last night when I posted. I just got home from work today, and my pH is down to 7.70.
  2. A

It got down to 7.75 with the Coral Pro. I don't think that's the problem tho. Salt is not the problem. I used Coral Pro up until Thursday. That is when I ran out. pH was 7.75 when I started using the new salt. 2 water changes since then, Thursday and Friday, 5 gallons each and pH is at...
  3. A

pH has been 8.2 on freshly mixed salt water going into the tank. Something is lowering it tho. I don't think it's the salt. 5 gallon water change yesterday, pH went from 7.75 to 7.9. Was back down to 7.82 or so today, another 5 gallon change and its back up to 7.9. Being that my 24 hour...
  4. A

I have been using the Red Sea salt that came with the RSM up until my 5 gallon change yesterday. Ran out of that and am now using D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro PLUS Salt Mix 23.3kg Bucket.
  5. A

Did a 5 gallon water change today with new salt, and pH has come up to 7.90 on my neptune probe. I'll do another 5 gallon tomorrow and the next and see what that does.
  6. A

I have a very low pH and I can't figure out why. 7.75 on my freshly calibrated neptune probe. I have been doing regular water changes, 5 gallons a week. Do I need to do more? I don't have much of a load in my tank yet, and all the rest of my parameters seem to be fine. What do I need to do...
  7. A

Forgot to mention. Used the build your own pack. Pick up 60 bucks worth and it's free shipping.
  8. A

I picked up: 8 Nass snails 4 astreal turbos 2 Mexican turbos 5 cer snails 5 drawf blue and red crabs 3 scarlet craps 1 peppermint shrimp Probably bigger than a lot of others on here have.
  9. A

Cooling Fan question

Mine setup on controller, runs when tank is > 78.5 degrees.
  10. A

how long for cycle

Fully cured LR and used Stability everyday for 2 weeks. Tested mostly daily, peak Ammonia was about .5, peak Nitrite was about .5 as well. Both to 0 at one week and peak Nitrate was 20, down to 10 now after 2 weeks, CUC in yesterday.
  11. A

Correct water level on 130D

The manual says the optimal water level in the back should be between the first and second lines from the top. IE __________ Top Rounded area ___ 1st line ________ Water Level ___ 2nd line With everything running, mine runs right on the second line and just about level with the...
  12. A

Well I can say the tank runs a lot cooler without the stock skimmer. I was running around 80 and up to 82 with stock skimmer, 2 reg circulation pumps and Kor1 and Kor2. Now putting in a fuge, running Tunze 9002 and a return pump plus the 4 circ pumps and I'm running between 87.9 and 88.7...
  13. A

Well I got CUC today. Setup my refuge and rearranged my LR. I picked up a Tunze 9002, it's not doing much yet. Need to cut my fuge up a bit to make it fit on the entry side. Running it on return side because that's the other place it fits.
  14. A

LOL. TDS was about 250 on the bad water. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I'll let it run a while and maybe it will work better. If not I'll pick up another one. Not so cheap. The water I've been using in the tank has been testing 3 TDS, so at least I have a decent source just in case.
  15. A

Glenn's RSM 130D

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D Well if that is the 130D cabinet, then I guess I did get the 130 cabinet, cause mine is different. Doesn't have all the lines around it.
  16. A

TDS on the tap water is around 150.
  17. A

Ran tests today: pH 8.2 Alk 160 (9 dKH) Calcium 460 Amm 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10 Phos 0.5 Should be getting my CUC on Tuesday. I have a fair amount of brown algae I hope they will like it. I setup my RO/DI today and it sucks. Either that or it needs to run for a while before it...
  18. A

Setting up my RSM Refugium

RM, just reading thru your fuge thread. I'm curious, are you running StevieT's media basket anymore? Or maybe you never did?
  19. A

My NewRed Sea Max 250

That works! Thanks!
  20. A

Hydor Prime or another external filter

I've seen several people on here complain about external filters raising phosphates. You might look into picking up one of StevieT's media racks. Alot of folks on here have those, I am planning on picking one up as well. I think it can house 3 different kinds of media, and fits into the stock...