Search results

1. C

how much will i save using electric ballasts?

If you are a diyer then go to an electrical supply store and just pick yourself up two 4 lamp T5 fixtures. there a foot wide and four feet long and have the double switching option. I just got two here in canada for my 150 and they were like 150 a pieace canadian. Lamps not included of course
  2. C

sorry I probably should have mentioned that you can't get these ballasts from your local hardware store you have two get them from an electrical supplier
  3. C

I have t5's on my 65 right now with a clam and sps. tank is fine and you will save at the min 30% running t5's and even more if chiller is not needed. I'm an electrician and all the factorys are taking out the mh fixtures and switching to t5's one fixture save 95 dollars a year at ten hours a...
  4. 100_0146

100_0146

5. C

My version of Frankies skimmer

Frankie if you could PM me on how to do that that would be great. I will be back on this afternoon
  6. C

not real computor friendly here took me awhile to get these ones on here
  7. 030

the final product
  8. 010

the final product
  9. 040

the final product
  10. 020

the final product
  11. C

I did not go into detail on how I build this only because the only thing that I really did different is that I used my router table for circles and flanges not my drill press. I also added a drain into the bottom compartment later and a second bulk head for more drainage. this was an awsome...
  12. C

Working with Acrylics....

this method of installing a bulkhead into a sealed compartment worked like a charm. Acrylic is so user friendly.
  13. C

I think I know now how I can do this. I need to cut a hole bigger then my bulk head in the sealed compartment and add a piece of acrylic with bulk head installed to the outside with weldon 16 witch sould fuse the to together to make a waterproof seal. will let all know what the outcome is shortly
  14. C

sorry to bring up an old thread just thought it was`the best title to get some response from, lets let it rest now and if anybody has any info on this please pm me all thoughts are welcome.
  15. C

right on thanks for the info. I used weldon 4 and 16 to put this together but not working for dif plastics. I know there is a product out there just not sure what to order. I think i need to do some more research on welding dif plastics
  16. C

ya but there is not alot of pressure in a skimmer mostly just flow threw so i'm open to all options at this point. I tried silicone, didn't work and also tried loctite sumo didn't work either so next step maybe a two part weldon product just not sure. but like i said waiting for frankie's reply...
  17. C

ya it was a lot of work to put this together but well worth it there must be some kind of goop out there that will seal from the outside. we put en on the mon all the time lol
  18. C

I have a pm into Fankie because i know he had to install a drain as well just wondering how he did it. I would hate to have to cut this thing open
  19. C

ya just cant post them for some reason
  20. C

I build a replica of Frankie's skimmer but have issues that need bulkheads install in the bottom portion of the main box and it is completely melted together so i have to do something from the outside just not sure what my options are. Everything is working ok right now but I have some small...