Search results

1. Mbolt

is T5 and T5 HO the same?

So it's been a while, but I think I'm finally ready to upgrade my lights, but don't want to rebuild my hood to support MH. (not enough clearance) but want to get a couple 80w retrofit kits, and I see HO bulbs but the retrofit kits just say t5, just want to be sure I'm understanding, as I want...
  2. Mbolt

lighting question

I have a Jilla? holds 4 coralife pc bulbs 2 actinic and 2 55w 6500, can I simply replace the 55w w/ 65w 10000k? also do actinic bulbs "expire"? the lfs said they were only good for 1 year? Thoughts? Thanks!
  3. Mbolt

Frog Spawn

ok, so this isa bad picture , butis it frog spawn? also frog spawn is sps? I got a bunch of live rock, and although I don't have the lighting all figured out, I wanted to confirm what is here. Thanks!
  4. Mbolt

Are starfish reef safe?

my wife wants to get a star fish, but I'm looking to get to reef..am I ok?
  5. Mbolt

Sponge? what do I have?

again, new to anything thats's not fish, but these are growing in a couple spots on rocks should I worry?
  6. Mbolt

DIY Refugium

ok, I bought a 10g thinking of building a refugium, but can't seem to find bits to drill the glass? is there an easier way?
  7. Mbolt

DIY MH lighting?

saw some interesting projects online, wondering if I'm grasping past my capabilities... thinking 3 250W horizontal bulbs for my 150g. I have glass over the tank, so wondering how much modification I need to protect the bulbs. Anybody done a project like this?
  8. Mbolt

Lighting _ is it enough, or the right kind?

I just started a 150g and want to keep anenomes (as well as Coral but understand the Anenomes need the most (please correct me if this is a bad understanding) I have a few Strips installed in the canopy that I will probably replace with a 48" unit that has 2 X 6700k /55w and 2 X Actinic 55w...
  9. Mbolt

Going to go for it

OK, so have learned more in the last 2 days from Jeremy & Mya than I ever thought .... and on suggestion am starting my chronicle.. Moved from an old 90g to a new to me 150g with the intention of getting to corals. Old tank New Tank Filter I have wicked high Nitrates...
  10. Mbolt

90g tank and trickle filter

I upgraded to a 150g, but the stand for this one was built of pressboard and not to last. has na ecolife 5 trickle filter and hood. In MA 1/2 hr south of Boston
  11. Mbolt

New 150g attempt

Hi all, I just transferred a fish only 90g to a new to me 150g with the intent of getting it going for reef, 1st step is reducing Nitrates and wanted to get insights on AZ-NO3, I've been using it for a couple days and am shocked at the volume of liguid I'm pulling off my protien skimmer at it's...