Search results

1. T

CURRENT USA POWERBRIGHT LED's for 130d

Reefer's, I just reread my post and should add that these are are not water proof, so a glass conopy of some sort is a MUST! If you look at my photos you will notice glass canopy affixed to the hood and a thin piece of glass I cut myself that leads right up to were the hinge rests...
  2. T

Thanks Echopiece, I can't wait to get water in that bad boy, but the boss(wife) wants me to wait till I get back from vaction(2 weeks in Cancun, NO SWINE! ) to start system up. I had a previous disaster with old 55 gallon reef system while on vacation that buckled my...
  3. T

Tried my best but this is what I was able to do. This is the link to view the photos of powerbrights: Pictures by Tread40 - Photobucket The corals are in my garage in a rubber maid 30 gallon bucket, held powerbright six inches all the way up to three feet above corals with same glowing...
  4. T

All blue,460NM x2. 1 pointing straight down, 1 angled to address middle to top. NO, your right Nanoreefing4fun, I needed the instructions! I will get to work on the pics and will post! Thanks Tread
  5. T

Reefer's, I't a done deal, Gutted out tray, don't cut hinge, use jigsaw and cut around hinge, installed 2 460nm powerbrights into top of hood using sheet metal(learned in high school, Franklin K Lane H.S. East NY, knew it would come in handy at some point in my life) attached...
  6. T

Sand bed, Want to use Fiji White Live Sand

Reefer's, Was more curious about keeping nitates down, than adding the coepods. I actually have the live rock in my garage in a 30 gallon rubbermaid container 4months and there are coepods everywere. RSM is not stocked yet, the boss(wife thought better idea to wait till I get back...
  7. T

Sand bed, Want to use Fiji White Live Sand

What's up reefer's Quick question for anyone with experience with Fiji White Live Sand. The sand(spheres,brown) that comes with the RSM 130d, are they any better than say Fiji white live sand, as far as reducing nitrates goes? Just not to fond of the sand that comes standard...
  8. T

reefmack, Thanks buddy! Tread
  9. T

What's up reefer's, Was wondering if anyone has attempted to use Current USA POWERBRIGHT led's to bring out the florecence in corals. I read great post by Mr.Fishy (aquarey), but was trying to save a little cash by using powerbright. I was thinking of gutting out the tray, like Mr...
  10. T

need pump for chiller! 130d

Chad, I got the chiller from petmountain.com,$297 Free Shipping! I also caleed marine depot and they said the same maxijet1200. I also e-mailed Pinky from RedSea and she suggested EU400? Anyone have a clue what brand this is?
  11. T

need pump for chiller! 130d

What's up fellas, I just purchased for my 130d, current prime chiller 1/15 HP, I know it it's sugested to get 1/10 HP, but my system is set up in my finished basement, which is cooler then the rest of the house. I was just wondering if anyone has a sugestion as to the best...
  12. T

when is new cabinetfor 130d avail?

Steve, I am located in New Hyde Park NY 11040, Long Island! I'm curing live rock in my garage in the meantime...
  13. T

Thanks Steve! I will wait for new cabinet to come out before I purchase 130d, if you here anything ,let me know, I would appreciate it! I'm a little ancious to get started. Thanks Reefmack & Rue...
  14. T

red sea max

Hey Davep, Did your 130d come with new cabinet style, with multiple grooves across the front or with just one groove?
  15. T

What's up reefer's! Does anyone know when the new cabinet for the 130d will be avail, the cabinet with the multiple grooves across the front,like the one that comes with the rsm250? Thanks...
  16. T

Red Sea Max 130D in route

Whats up reefers? I'm looking to also purchase the Red Sea Max 130d with the new cabinet style, But I was told by Red Sea rep that the new style cabinet, With the multiple grooves across the front was not even shipped from over seas yet, and won't be for months...
  17. T

new cabinet foe 130d red sea

What's up fellow reefers! Does anyone have the inside scoop on when the new red sea max130d cabinet, with the multiple grooves across front like the rsm250, is going to be availible? Thanks Tread from LI, NY
  18. T

thinking about getting back into reefing

:dunno: Had a thriving 55 gallon reef system for about 4 years ,but had a disaster when hangon rear wet dry malfuntioned,pump stopped working and automatic shutoff failed. A good 10 gallons of water ended on the wood floor,wife went balistic.So I took down system, but never got it out of my...